A Walk In My Garden  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Although, we had a "cooler" than normal summer, taking my morning coffee in my perennial garden reminded me of the rapid growth rate they we do enjoy in Alaska. Although, my annuals, that I planted late this year, have been having a tough time at putting on their normal growth, the perennials are in their prime. Sitting on the bench, enjoying a good cup of coffee and watching the flowers grow, it gets no better than that.
The Delphiniums are beautiful this year, just starting to display their full blossoms.
This particular plant stands 7 Foot 8 Inches tall and the blossoms have yet to peak. The wire cage used to support them is four feet high.


"The Delphinium Forest"

The "White Delphiniums" are just now starting to bloom, they may well exceed the eight foot mark.
Blue Delphiniums

"Lillies and Rain Drops"



This is the first time that the "Bells" have blossomed as they were planted late last year. I love them, will just have to remember the name. Any help?

Red and Black Poppy, The Blue Poppies Have Finished For The Year


This entry was posted on August 20, 2008 at Wednesday, August 20, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

I have some great Tiger Lilly's, they just opened up, they are a combination of the three colors you have there. Maybe I will bring you some bulbs. Great color on you photo's!

Your delphiniums are WONDERFUL, someday I will come get some starts.

Your bell shaped flowers are Canterburry Bells (I think).... I won't mind a few of those also.

8/21/08, 7:05 AM

You are right, Canterburry Bells, I knew it was some kind of Bell, did you know that they are double pettals, a bell within a bell? When the wind blows, you can even hear them, at first I thought it was are wind chimes but each color has a different tone, they are neato!

8/21/08, 7:44 PM

I do hope that white stuff you see inside the red poppy is not a controlled substance. Wonder what that plant is worth?

8/21/08, 7:45 PM

Post a Comment