Closing Of The Day  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Despite the every day stresses of life, you know you have had a great day when the daylight slowly surrenders to night allowing you to reflect upon the day that you experienced. As the sun slowly settled behind the mountains on the Alaskan Peninsula, I sat and observed the Eagle family and ending to their day. Setting on the bluff, overlooking the river of my youth, my family fished the river below me as I watched the antics of the Eaglets.

"Parent Checking On the Brood"

"3rd Eaglet Going To Scare His Unsuspecting Two Siblings"
As the Eaglets settled down for a nap, I visited the Anchor River, finding my family fishing one of my favorite stretches of the river. The traditional method that my father taught me, now passed to the next two generations. I reflected upon this as I watched my Grandson, Son, and Daughter In Law building their own fishing memories.

My son, Heath has fished this river on his own, from the time he was in the 2nd grade, guiding fishermen before he ever entered junior high school. He has built his own legacy on the river, although he was won his share of large fish derbies, he fishes because be loves to fish and this is his home waters.

Arriving home just as the sun settled behind the horizon, the sky was slowly turning pink. My two pals, "Dutch" and "Ruger" and I walked out to the edge of our lawn on the bluff overlooking Anchor River.

We watched, as the pink slowly changed to yellows, golds, and oranges making the final transition to night. As I walked back across the lawn, I thought to myself,
"It Has Been A Good Day".

This entry was posted on August 12, 2010 at Thursday, August 12, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Love the pics. Beautiful

8/19/10, 5:24 AM

Post a Comment