My Dad Is A Veteran  

Posted by Stan Harrington



The clip that you just viewed was aired on CNN, typically considered to be on the liberal side of politics. My concern is why was this not verified and researched by our news media. Perhaps, we have become accustomed to the fact that what we hear on our evening news is verified and reliable information.

I had four Great Uncles from the same family (Baker Brothers) that served in World War II in the Europe. My Great Uncle Wayne Baker, went ashore at Omaha Beach during the Normandy Invasion. I also had a Uncle on my other side of the family serve in the same area of operation during World War II. Uncle Marshall Riley served in both World War II and the Korean War. I remember when he returned home and visited us, following World War II. I also remember when he visited us when he was being transferred to combat in Korea. I did not know my Great Uncles, but I have visited their grave sites in recent years, I have a great deal of respect for this generation of Americans because they answered the call.

I also hold a great deal of respect for the office of the President of the United States. However, I hold very little respect for President Barack Obama. He is a great Orator, when he has the teleprompter in front of him but can we always trust what he is telling us. I served under one Commander In Chief, which I had little respect for however, his leadership qualities surpass those of our current Commander in Chief.

In regards to the news clip aired on CNN, why didn't someone stop to verify the contents of his speech or call him on his misleading representation pertaining to his fathers tenure in the military fores during World War II.

President Obama's father was named Barack Hussein Obama, Senior. His date of birth was 4 April 1936 and he passed away on 24 November 1982.

His mother remarried, Lolo Soetoro (two additional aliases). His date of birth was 2 June 1935 and he passed away on 2 March 1987.

World War II commenced in Europe in September 1939 when Germany invaded Poland. America would enter the war in later years. In the Pacific, America entered the war with Japan after they attacked Pearl Harbor on 7 December 1941. For practical purposes, World War II ended in August on both fronts, Europe and the Pacific Ocean region.

If President Obama's father returned as a Veteran of World War II as he claims, his father set a new record as being the youngest veteran in our history. At the conclusion of the World War II his father had not reached his 9th birth date.

Giving our President the benefit of the doubt, I researched (took all of five minutes) his stepfather, Lolo Soetoro. He was a year older than Barack H. Obama, SR which would have made him slightly over ten years of age.

President Obama, you are quoted as saying, "I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals." I would consider a blatant lie a testimony to the lack of values.

I must admit, that I did not include the complete quote above, the entire quotation reads as follows:
"I've got two daughters. 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But, if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby."

This entry was posted on August 21, 2010 at Saturday, August 21, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

9 comments

I always hated it when you said "Do as I say, not as I do"...but thank you...as a father you are tops. Morals you taught us...and I am guessing that quote of his..."...punished with a baby." is spoken in ignorance and he did not think before he opened his mouth...I have NEVER considered my son a 'punishment'...just the opposite...he saved me from an unsavory life of "crap"...for my child I would do anything...President Obama...you lost a lot of respect from me...you can not say in one breath you kids mean everything then in the next reference a child as punishment...were your girls punishment?

8/21/10, 7:22 AM

Wow... it just shows such a little lie, will bring so much distrust.

8/21/10, 8:42 AM

Grandfather in WW2 not father. Grandfather in Patton's army.

8/21/10, 9:21 AM

Presidents Grandfather on father side was Hussein Ooyango Obama, he was a cook for a British Army Officer, he used this job to "spy" and pass on info to the insurgents of Kenyan Independence Movement. He was arrested in 1949 and jailed for two years.
Stanley A. Dunham, grandfather on his mothers side of the family. Enlisted into Army on 1/18/42 and discharged on 8/30/1945. He did serve in Europe during this period of time in the Supply Corp, could find no documentation that he served under General Patton except in the President's Biography.

8/21/10, 10:36 AM

nicely presented, it's all the teleprompters fault...ToTus the Teleprompter of the United States sometimes takes over ....

8/23/10, 5:46 PM

Lincoln will be remembered as the President who could not tell a lie,
Obama as the one who could not tell the truth, Clinton the one could not tell the difference.

8/24/10, 8:31 AM

Accuracy check-fact check- Indeed
they were too young to have served in WWII

8/24/10, 9:39 AM

Ranger Bill ~ you doubt my data ~ I published nothing without personal verification "Trust - but verify" (President Reagan)

8/26/10, 9:11 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhreJRfNbqk&feature=player_embedded

8/28/10, 1:39 PM

Post a Comment