"SLOPOKE"  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Before anyone misinterprets the headline of this posting, it has nothing to do with any verbage or lines that you may have heard in the movie, "Lonesome Dove".
However, I must call upon those residing in the metropolitan area of LA or any other location other than Anchor Point or Homer, Alaska. Knowing that I have a seven grandchildren living in the LA area and each of them have a sweet tooth. Locating a source to acquire this product should be an easy task for them to accomplish.
Recently, I was made aware of this particular sweet delicacy. The name of it is SLOPOKE and just perhaps is one of the finest caramels that I have ever tasted. I have never seen the product on the shelves of our limited shopping facilities in this area. It is made in the USA, if Illinois is still in our union. The manufacturing company is on the Internet and they do advertise it as part of their product line. I surely could use a good supply it anyone happens to spot it in Wally World, Costco, Price Savers, and even perhaps a candy store!

This entry was posted on September 29, 2008 at Monday, September 29, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Those come in those cheap mix bags of candy. Shana always has those around, if I find some, should I pick all the good candies out, and send you the SloPoke's?

9/30/08, 7:22 AM

The bulk bags of a variety of carmel type candies is where I found them, however, the SLOPOKE is the minority in these bags. They do come packaged in bulk and regular sized bags. Any SLOPOKE'S that you see laying around, GRAB THEM!:)

9/30/08, 8:34 AM

Post a Comment