"Things To Do On My Bucket List"  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Having a rather long "bucket list", I figure that I am going to be around for a long time. However, today, I discovered two things that I want to include on my personal "bucket list". I have never been a good athlete, a little boxing in high school and the Navy, but for the most part they involved a lot of work which I had an allergy to when I was a teenager. However, I have finally found a "sport" that I think I can compete in. "Senior Citizen Body Building Competition". It was only recently brought to my attention and it is an annual event. By working out a little, I could possibly qualify. Most likely, before I qualify for the big "Texas Hold'em Tournament in Las Vegas.




The second thing that I have added to my "bucket list" is to acquire a couple of "wiener dogs" from somewhere, train them to keep up with my retriever on the run and enter them in national races. The next race that I know of is being held in Buda, Texas on April 26, 2009. It will be the 10th Annual running of the "wieners". I know of of a couple of "wieners" that could be potential winners if someone was standing at the end of the track with a large poster of the Anchor River Inn. A lot of Alaskan Dogs have won the Iditirod and the Yukon Quest, but how many "wieners" have ever won a national race. Now is the time to start training. Up at 5 am, six days a week running them for a mile each day. Increasing their diet to Prime Rib or at least a good New York steak followed by a one hour run on the treadmill in the evening followed by a good massage. By April, they should be ready to run. To mentally prepare yourself and the "wiener dogs", perhaps you should visit the linked site and see what your potential is for picking a winner in the running of the wieners.

This entry was posted on September 19, 2008 at Friday, September 19, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

You have to go to the link, don't know how many races they have but they will make you laugh.

9/19/08, 10:08 PM

I got a faster weiner than that! I DID witness one pay-off race, though, where my weiner may not dig up the loot to bribe..
Good luck with the body building, Ernie.

9/20/08, 7:45 AM

Post a Comment