Sunday At Home  

Posted by Stan Harrington

After a busy summer and early fall, I finally spent a full day at home, well at least the majority of the day. Some would be content on sitting in the recliner and watching a little professional football. I would have like to but my "Daily To Do List" kept nagging at me. So I spent the day:

1. Had morning coffee on my deck in winds gusting to 30 knots
2. Enjoyed, but sad that the leaves were falling like snow flakes
3. Enjoyed the company of our three dogs as each of them returned from exploring the property to sit beside me.
4. Enjoyed my second cup of coffee while catching up on the news of the day.
5. Enjoyed my third cup of coffee while reviewing a change in future travel plans with my wife, Revision #4
6. Enjoyed my fourth cup of coffee, tuned in for a few minutes of a football game. Then the guilt set in.
7. Took my fifth cup of coffee in a "to go cup" and escaped to my workshop.
8. Overwhelmed by the disorganization after a busy summer and most of the tools being at the work site.
9. Spent the next hour pre-cleaning and preparing to move tools home from the work site.
10. Took the "ole snow plow" and headed to the HITW to pickup tools.
11. Full pickup load of tools that needed cleaning and organized.
12. Refilled my "to go cup" with coffee.
13. Commenced cleaning all of the tools and wiping them and their cases down with WD-40 for the next four hours. Found two extra hammers and tri-square that do not belong to me.
14. With the aide of my wife, returned to the HITW for the second load of tools, consisting of ladders, chop saw, table saw, and a very heavy generator.
15. Wife was kind enough to brew another pot of coffee and help unload one very heavy generator.
16. Spent the next hour cleaning the chop saw and table saw while enjoying a cup of coffee. I must admit, I did not clean the ladders.
17. Next two hours, re-organized the work shop and organized and stowed all the tools.
18. Set on the front steps, enjoyed my 8th cup of coffee and mentally debated myself why I have to have everything so organized.
19. To distract my thoughts, played ball with the three dogs.
20. Had a very nice pork roast dinner and a chocolate carmel malt while I watched the second half of the Dallas / Giants football game.
21. Fell asleep at the end of the third quarter. Woke up in time to watch the final four minutes of the game.
22. Made myself a cup of "instant coffee" and sat on the deck to enjoy the late evening and watch the dogs at play.
23. Noticed that the air compressor was still sitting on the deck of the workshop, unclean and not in it's proper place. Wondered to myself, how I could have missed that.
24. Contemplated on completing the task yet tonight, but then reconsidered to put it on tomorrows "to do list".
25. Checked my email and blog site list to see if anyone had posted.
26. Finding nothing, checked the Doppler Radar and tomorrows weather report.
27. Using a new site I discovered, I revamped a scheduled trip to discover that you only save 200 miles if you drive the Cassiar Highway to Prince George, BC instead of the Alcan Highway.
28. Debated myself on which highway to use, this will be my 16th trip over the Alcan and I have never driven the Cassiar. Less services on the Cassiar but country that I have not seen? Thoughts to ponder.
29. Did a variety of "computer chores"
30. Made another cup of coffee and decided to make a posting.
31. Don't know why I am not sleepy.

This entry was posted on September 20, 2009 at Sunday, September 20, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Sounds like not only do your tools have to be organized but you days and blogs as well!
The kids are excited to hear of your southerly trip and are even more excited to have you guys stay here!
Heather has offered her bed for grandma and Hunter and Heath said you would want the recliner!
We do have a pull out bed in case either of those do not work for you!

9/21/09, 8:51 AM

Did you have the ol' Ford in for a check-up? If not, I'm sure there will be lots of GM vehicles along the road to tow you to the nearest garage wherever you are in Canada. Those Canadians are pretty quirky, but I like their beer.

9/22/09, 2:22 PM

Post a Comment