Family  

Posted by Stan Harrington

As a youngster growing up, I was taught to fully appreciate and enjoy the value of a family. This is something that I have carried forth into my adulthood as family is the most important and rewarding unit of humans that can be assembled. The blood of family always runs deep and true.
Recently, will perusing through a variety Blog Sites, I came across a comment on the site of "Erotic Screaming" which caught my attention. In part it stated, "I hope Valette wasn't to afraid during her stay with us because I am sure she got a good dose of my family". Having linked "Valette" as a source in the statement I immediately linked to this particular site to discover the following statement; "But, I have to be careful with the Anchor Point bashing because my in-laws live there, as do Heidi's family. And while I'm not to terribly afraid of B's family, Heidi's family scares me."
I really find this remark very offensive! I am sure she will not mind that her remarks pertaining to the community of Anchor Point and two very respectable families in the community are posted on the community bulletin board at the Post Office, along with a picture of her that I recently acquired from a source that attended a wedding reception in Anchor Point which was also attended by Valette. She should have been more aware of what was showing when she bent over the table. I am sure it will get a lot of attention. However, that is not the subject of this blog. I would like to keep you a breast of how comments like this can affect a sensitive person such as myself.
I do not find it strange that my children run around disguised as a variety of animals, often wearing hats, furs, and feathers that resemble these animals. I do not find it offensive that my children have married and from those marriages have born children that also enjoy dressing up and taking on the names of animals. I do not find it offensive that this family enjoys camping out in a gravel pit in a variety of trailers and campers, some with doors and some not. I do not find it strange that one of the most prized Christmas gifts can be a sausage with a bite taken out of it! I do not find it strange that adults and children take great delight in sledding down a hill on a tobaggan on the 4th of July. I do not find it strange that the family outhouse in their campground is also a museum dedicated to a family member and it might be added, a outhouse that my grand daughters found great delight in using as a playhouse! Oh, I forgot, they are also related to Valette! I do not find it strange that my family stores their deck chairs and personal belongings on the top of their campers at night nor that I have a "lanai" set up on the top of my tool shed! I do not find it strange that a man can collect bra's as a hobby or take great delight in receiving a little red wagon on his 60th birthday with a custom paint job, labeled "Tissy-Tissy-Tight Ass. The list could continue, however, lets take a look at the other side of the coin!
Isn't it a little strange for a member of Valette's family to receive national recognition because he goes around "beating Eagles with a stick" or perhaps a brother that has a 22 foot t.v. antenna constructed out of copper tubing which also is the same person that collects "dunnage" as a hobby and sells "copper" on the side. How about all the brothers that worked countless hours of inventing a variety of "bombs" in their younger years. These are just a few, but if you want I can go a little further back as you see, I spent a lot of time at the McLay home in the mid 50's through the mid 60's so I know some very strange things that perhaps we could discuss, if you think we scare you! It wasn't just I that stole the "outhouse" and had to go back out in the middle of the night and reset it! It wasn't just I that set the Volkswagen on blocks in the parking lot!
So as the good book so states, "ye who have not done strange things, be the first to cast the first stone"

This entry was posted on July 22, 2006 at Saturday, July 22, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

oh oh...I see Valett getting the Spam for christmas this year!!! Leave it to a mcLay to go for the booby prize. Scares me a little to think of Dad and Valett getting together...should have made for an interesting evening.

7/23/06, 7:26 AM

I think, personally, you should get back on your meds.

7/23/06, 8:46 AM

I want some good dirt on the "In-laws"... Val's 60th is coming up and I need some stories!! But remember Val may be running for mayor or Maynot!!

7/23/06, 10:52 AM

Post a Comment