Holiday Spirit  

Posted by Stan Harrington

It appears that yet another holiday has come and passing rapidly without any phone calls or cards from my loved ones. That is o.k., I celebrated on my own with a big bowl of Caramel Swirl Ice Cream topped with raspberry preserves. But a phone call or even a little card would have made it so much nicer.
July is National Ice Cream Month as decreed by President Reagan. As President, he later decreed that the third Sunday of July would be National Ice Cream Day, which I think I was the only one that celebrated it!
In the event this gets you to pondering the subject of Ice Cream, each year as Americans we consume 1.6 billion gallons of this cold treat. Further research reveals that Vanilla remains the number one choice, followed by Chocolate, Peach, Strawberry, and Banana. However, the younger generation prefers the more exotic flavors like Coffee, Coconut, and Green Tea???????
As to where we go to get our fix of this creamy delight. Cold Stone Creamery is the top spot. Baskin-Robbins came in at 3rd with ole Ben & Jerry at 4th. The startling thing about this popularity poll is that Dairy Queen came in as the 7th most popular yet Haagen-Dazs was way back in 11th place - must be the price!
I am sorry that all of you missed the holiday, perhaps I will go back and have second bowl of ice cream since I am celebrating all by myself. Thank you President Reagan for your contribution to man kind and a very big thank you for making Jelly Beans a popular candy once again. You will be remembered well in my history book.

This entry was posted on July 16, 2006 at Sunday, July 16, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Try you favorite ice cream with Frog legs....YUMMY!!!

7/16/06, 10:41 PM

Man just one bite of ice cream and I have a tummy ache...good thing I never realy liked ice cream or jelly beans either for that matter...sorry you celebrated alone...guess your mess was easier to clean up than mine was for Crystal.

7/17/06, 8:33 AM

You are too funny!

When is Fudgecicle Day?

7/17/06, 11:22 PM

Post a Comment