I Have Done My Part  

Posted by Stan Harrington

The turkey is on standby, all twenty seven pounds of him sitting in the Frigidaire. Turkey is great in any form, but my recipe is simple, ample meat on two breads of white smothered with mayonnaise and a good dash of salt. The menu is planned down to the smallest detail, a new table was even purchased in order to set "ma-ma's" China that I gave to her as kid. Soon the guests will arrive and the long tradition will continue.

While others ponder and plan as to what they will bring to the Thanksgiving table, my work is done. My job is traditional and simple, it is simply to keep the "little ones" happy with the treats they can eat. Some of them prefer their turkey dark while others choose white, some like taters, while others gobble olives. But, each of them like what Grandpa makes best.



To keep the "adults" from hoarding them for themselves or even hiding the treats from the "little ones" . My Guard Dog is on full alert to protect the platter. Especially, his favorite, the peanut butter fudge.


But never fear "little ones", stocked away is enough "fixin's" to make
ten more batches and I know where to buy more.

This entry was posted on November 24, 2008 at Monday, November 24, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

493 and counting, just short of 500 by 7. I excelled in General Math.

11/24/08, 11:22 PM

Looks good... I can't wait to eat! i will complete my part today! Cooking and Painting the whole day!

11/25/08, 8:18 AM

mmmm yummmyyy......

11/25/08, 12:09 PM

while i am envious of the beautiful pile of fudge, especially the pb kind, my work for thanksgiving will finish up tomorrow with the southern kp's best chocolate cream pie, if it last long enough I will try to snap a picture to be drooled on later

11/25/08, 9:20 PM

Yes, Snowgirl 1, the peanut butter is so creamy, but the million dollar milk chocolate fudge is to die for, it has substance, but the white chocolate with walnuts is great with coffee. But if you mash all three together into one ball, it makes a mess! By the way, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

11/25/08, 9:27 PM

Feel free to send some of that South to nourish the occupants of the Lonesome Duck Ranch.

11/28/08, 11:11 AM

Post a Comment