Job Wanted  

Posted by Stan Harrington

I am told that the United States is now in that dreaded stage known as a Recession. The Dow is up for five days straight, recording the highest gain since 1932. Today, it drops almost seven hundred points, but still ahead of where it was six days ago. Banks are being bailed out, but still find capital to pay their executives enormous amounts of money exceeding the budget of small town America. They (Citigroup) even find enough money to purchase the naming rights to a new stadium, it was a bargain at only forty million U.S. taxpayers dollars. Major car manufacturers are having to go to Congress to ask for a fifty billion dollar loan. One of them is even driving to Washington D.C. to save the cost of flying his Leer Jet.

Unemployment is up according to the Department of Labor, yet I look around and see signs posted in so many businesses that are advertising "Help Wanted". Oh, I forgot members of our society can make more money by not working than they can make at these lessor paying jobs. However, being one of those on a fixed income, I am very concerned and currently seeking gainful employment.

I considered moving to LA and try to find a job as a greeter at Wally World, however, I discovered that they do not have any incentive pay for hazardous duty. Especially when those large crowds rush the doors at 5:oo am to spend the money that they are not suppose to have. Not wanting to leave my beloved little village by the River, I would prefer a job in this area, however they are limited considering we only have a couple of stores open during the winter solstice.

However, today I discovered a job that I would really enjoy, all I need to do is convince the "company" that they need an office in our village to serve the entire Kenai Peninsula. If you are looking for work, I would suggest you follow my lead. They have so many openings in just about any field that you would desire or trained for, some of the jobs they will even train you. Salaries are varied, the lowest starting at $46,000 with some as high as $200,000.

While watching my favorite news show on Fox News today, they took an commercial break and I nearly fell out of my recliner when I saw the advertisement. The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) is advertising on TV that they have immediate job openings. This opportunity took an instant priority in my daily routine as I brought up the web site. I learned a great deal about the CIA, at least what they wanted me to know, but I also found so many very good job listings that I may qualify for, but first I have to submit my resume in code as the jobs I am going to apply for is on a "need to know basis". If I should disappear for awhile, don't be concerned, I will most likely be in training. I will try to make an occasional posting but unless you have the need to know you will not be able to de-code it.

This entry was posted on December 1, 2008 at Monday, December 01, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Really? The CIA is wanting workers and advertising on TV?

As for the job shortage...you are in Alaska. And right now, it is one of the more solid economies in the country.

My father-in-law, a retired electric company worker, tried to get a job at home depot or walmart in michigan. No such luck. Their metro area, well over 100,000 (Saginaw, Midland, Mount Pleasant) only has one column of job openings.

12/2/08, 7:55 AM

In all seriousness, the CIA is advertising job openings on TV. I think there are pockets where the economy is down and few jobs. Talking with my son in Lincoln, Nebraska he says that their area are showing a lot of work opportunities and shopping prices have remained low.

12/2/08, 11:19 AM

the CIA?
i don't know you.
good luck on the job hunt. i'm sure Mickee-Dee's has a position open at the fry vat.

12/2/08, 10:03 PM

Post a Comment