Annoucement  

Posted by Stan Harrington

"The Farther Backward You Can Look, The Farther Forward You Are Likely To See" ~ Winston Churchill~

For a good number of years, about thirty years to late, I have been on a campaign to learn more about my historical past in order to pass it onto my children (4), grandchildren (12), and my two young great granddaughters. Yes I do have very productive children. I have been relatively successful in documenting my fathers side of the family.

Recently, I have discovered a great source for information pertaining to my Grandmother Harrington's side of the family, the Baker family. I would like to thank Dr. Roy Baker for his assistance and the valuable information that he has provided me in my search.

Currently, I am working several "family projects" at the same time. Consequently, my paper file system is becoming overwhelming. I will maintain a paper trail and documentation, however to keep me from having to write additional narratives for the book that I recently wrote. I will document the pertinent information on this new blog site. You will then be able to print it if you so desire and insert it into the book.

I am not at all pleased with the new site. However, after working on it for two days trying to download a blog template from another source other than blogspot, I finally had to give up in frustration and revert to a standard download template from blogspot. Perhaps, when the professional "tinkers" are in the area, I can get one of them to refresh the site with the template that I want to install.

I have found it a great way to release tension from the Stimulus Plan, Academy Awards, and Politics in general.

The address for the new site is: HARRITAGE.BLOGSPOT.COM

This entry was posted on February 23, 2009 at Monday, February 23, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

...busy eagle...

2/24/09, 5:10 AM

I found your template, it was written for 'Word Press' .... I found the same template written for blogger, but they want money. I will keep hunting for one that was converted for blogger. If you want I can change out the HITW site so you can use that one.

2/24/09, 7:38 AM

Word Verification is being a stinker on the other site... it wouldn't load the word. I'll comment later... if it works.

2/24/09, 8:06 AM

Word verification is now shut off on the new site. A slight error on my part, I overlooked shutting it down, hate word verification.

2/24/09, 8:38 AM

The template that I want is on two sites that I found, the site from which HITW came from and also eblog, I downloaded 33 copies onto my system, then attempted to load them into the blogspot template but still kept getting the same error message.

2/24/09, 8:41 AM

Post a Comment