America Can Be Saved  

Posted by Stan Harrington

WARNING!!
The "Link" attached to this posting is 20 minutes in length. It is going to take some time to download and to view. I would suggest that you open it and while it is downloading tab the site and go about your "daily" Internet chores. Make yourself a cup of coffee and when it has completed downloading, sit back and watch the video without interruption. It is well worth the "watch" and perhaps some of your questions pertaining to our times will be answered.

I watched Glen Beck do this presentation on his nightly program tonight. I was going to paraphrase it in writing, but it would have lacked the "body language" and sincerity that he delivered to the presentation. For parents with children in the school system, perhaps his words will shed a little light.

THE OLD CHAIR

For me, he caught my attention with "The Old Chair" and my personal philosophy that history is very important in our lives. I to, had an "Old Chair" having inherited when I became the Leading Petty Officer of Third Division on the the U.S.S. Shangri-La. The "chair and I made a North Atlantic Cruise and one Mediterranean Sea cruise. When I transferred from the Shangri-La, the "Chair" went with me.
My "Chair" and I remained together for the next sixteen years in the Navy. We would have two shore tours of duty in Alaska, serve on two ships (U.S.S. Ponchatula and U.S.S. Coral Sea), making two Western Pacific cruises. It would transfer with me to Colorado on recruiting duty for the U.S. Navy and to an aircraft squadron in Whidby Island. Upon, my retirement from the Navy in 1983, the "Chair" also retired to my home office. For the next twenty years, it would sit behind my desk at the Anchor Angler. The "Chair" and I had over forty years together, both slightly worn but a lot of memories. I miss "My Chair", but I know it is in good hands as my youngest daughter has it in her home office.



This entry was posted on March 4, 2010 at Thursday, March 04, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Good video. Heath and I both sat and watch. I do enjoy listening to him and his passion for what our country was supposed to be.

3/5/10, 4:04 PM

While it loaded I wondered, but it WAS worth the wait. Great presentation.

3/7/10, 8:41 AM

Post a Comment