Musical History  

Posted by Stan Harrington

As a child, about the time of the introduction of Elvis Presley, I recall hearing the "grown-ups" discuss the current problems of the world, primarily focusing on the younger generation. The most common remark was "the new generation are not worth a damm". Taking into consideration, these were the folks had survived "the Great Depression, World War II, and Korea. They were the "Great Generation" and have my deepest respect and admiration.

A few days ago, I heard a popular song and after listening to it for 4.5 minutes, I realized that I had only recognized a maximum of three words. With the electronic sound mixer in the background going at full blast and the vocalist sounding as if he had swallowed the microphone, I remembered the conversations of the "Great Generation".

Peaking my curiosity, I chose one uncommon subject and found a piece of music that was representative to my era as a teenager and "true rock and roll". I then looked at music in the near past for a song representing the present or 48 years following the release of my first chosen song. Perhaps there is some validity to music history as an indicator to the changing of times.

Click On Each Song And Form Your Own Opinion


This entry was posted on March 2, 2010 at Tuesday, March 02, 2010 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

my opinion is formed.

3/3/10, 5:25 AM

1961.... for sure!!

3/3/10, 7:40 AM

why were you listening to that? :)

3/5/10, 4:06 PM

why were you listening to that? :)

3/5/10, 4:06 PM

WAIT!
He is interested in snowboarding, he facebooks and posts viral you tube videos...

3/5/10, 4:07 PM

lol 1961, but Warren likes the new version,and boy can he moooove...lol

3/12/10, 8:01 PM

Post a Comment