HITWRA Research and Development  

Posted by Stan Harrington

I am always on watch for new concepts to making your camping more enjoyable. Having had the opportunity to sit around the campfire on many occasions, I noticed that there was always a lot of turmoil and confusion when it came to roasting hot dogs and marsh mellows. With all the adults and many grandchildren trying to share six roasting forks, I said to myself, "self, there has to be a better way to get all these dogs cooked safely". I think I have found the concept that will work. Not only can you roast enough dogs for everyone, but you can also warm or toast the buns at the same time by aligning them on top as it makes an ideal grill. I did do a field trial on it, I was able to roast 17 hot dogs at one time and when it came to marshmallows, I stopped counting after the second bag was placed onto the roaster. I do not recommend that the plastic style of this device be used but the old fashion metal one works great.



This entry was posted on August 6, 2006 at Sunday, August 06, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Way too cool....I still like Fish Taxi's roster better....do you remember...but yours is more age approperate for the kids...i wish i could find it.

8/7/06, 9:24 AM

Hey I got three of those...we could cook for a week in 10 minutes. But what is that dude in the back stuffing up his nose???

8/8/06, 9:36 AM

Who's at the pit with you - your second family? The one roasting looks like my brother, Damon.
Are you feeding the AP vagrants with our stash of camper weiners?

8/9/06, 5:25 AM

Post a Comment