Shopping Safeway  

Posted by Stan Harrington

During the Memorial Day Week Clan gathering, I had to go to the Little Hamlet By the Sea. Hunter asked if he could go with me, not seeing any problem with that, I was happy to take him with me. He was a big hit at the bank, he is a "chick magnet" and before we left the bank, he had a whole bag of suckers and two pounds of doggy treats for Dutch. Our next stop was Safeway, to pick up some camp food. I was not aware that Hunter had taken one of his new found pets in the form of a Frog and had housed in his pants pocket. My first indication of the stowaway came when Hunter started yelling "my frog got away", within three minutes I could here a lady screaming at the top of her lungs on the next isle. After several women screamed, half of the store employees were on their hands and knees looking for the frog that was scaring all of the little old senior citizens. Unfortunately, Froggy was never found. Last week, the store was closed down for two days while the Health Inspectors checked all of the produce, it appears that "Froggy" was found by an unsuspecting consumer.



This entry was posted on August 24, 2006 at Thursday, August 24, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Tell safeway we are the nearest frog rescue... it looks like he'll be a good mate for Matilda.

8/24/06, 10:38 PM

AND - good fried!

8/25/06, 9:13 PM

Post a Comment