Paradise, Colorado  

Posted by Stan Harrington


Paradise, Colorado: "A Place of Peace", this is a picture of your Uncle Don's Cabin taken from a ridge overlooking Paradise Valley. The picture was taken by your Uncle Bill in July. The family gathered here in July to spread the ashes of Don. The cabin is located on the slopes of the Little Cimerron River valley between Montrose, and Sapenario, Colorado.

A close up of Don's cabin, which he built with the assistance of your grandmother from logs that he cut on the property. This is the private range land that belongs to the Nicholas Brothers, whom Don worked with for many years.

Don's Marker which Donnie and Dee Dee put in the yard of the cabin, his ashes were spread on the ridge over looking the valley.
Although, I only had the opportunity to visit his cabin twice, both times provided wonderful memories and realization why he named it, Paradise, Colorado.

This entry was posted on August 1, 2006 at Tuesday, August 01, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I would love a place like paradise ...maybe someday i can visit Uncle Don's peice of paradise.

8/1/06, 10:05 AM

me too...makes me sad though...i knowing I have lost my chance to see my uncle again...maybe some day I will make it to his dream...

8/2/06, 4:44 PM

Post a Comment