Think Big  

Posted by Stan Harrington


Although, those that live in the Las Anchorage area have probably seen this aircraft park at the "what his name" airport. But, this is the first time I have seen it, it is posted on their web site. It was painted to commemorate the importance of the salmon to Alaska. I look forward to the the airline painting all their aircraft to commemorate the other four species of Pacific Salmon. The Boeing 747 would make a great "Humpy". This particular King Salmon is 120 feet long and weighed in at 140,000 pounds. It took a crew of forty painters working full time for thirty days to complete the paint job. Well Done Alaska Airlines. Sorry, but I cannot divulge why I was looking at their website.

This entry was posted on September 7, 2007 at Friday, September 07, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Okay now you got me interested in the bait. Baby sit the dogs for a month...alaska air lines web site...hmmm dont you have lots of miles for this airlines....tell me where your going?????please??????and ya better bring me a treat too....

9/8/07, 9:23 AM

when you going and can my family come too?

9/9/07, 9:50 PM

I know the secret......

9/10/07, 5:44 PM

Post a Comment