Won't Be The Same  

Posted by Stan Harrington


My favorite sporting event of the entire year is rapidly approaching, the National Rodeo Finals out of Las Vegas from December 6th through December 15th. Although, I was in Las Vegas one year during the National Finals, but could not pry my youngest daughter away from the slot machines long enough to take advantage of the expensive tickets that I had purchased from a "scalper".
I have vowed, that I would return and watch them live, but once again I am going to have to resign myself to watching ESPN for a solid week. Now that I am unemployed, I could go but it would not be the same. I will not go until my favorite Calf Roper is in the finals again. Fred Whitfield did not make the cut this year, he placed 37th and only the top 15 in each event go to the finals. This is the first year that Fred has missed the finals in a long time.
To add insult to injury, big Joe Beaver will also not make an appearance, he and Fred hold most of the titles and a lot of the money over the years. However, the good news is that my other favorite cowboy will be there, Billy Etbauer, back again to show the youngsters what an old cowboy can do on a Saddle Bronc - I guess someone must know but he has some many titles and buckles to his name. All three of these guys, Etbauer, Whitfield, and Beaver are old school.
Looks like Trevor Brazile will walk away with the "All Around Cowboy" title this year, all he needs to do is show up, his current winnings is at $285,412 and the next in line for the title is only about $140,000 behind.
Regardless, it will be a good rodeo but I would sure like a shot at those slots again!

This entry was posted on November 17, 2007 at Saturday, November 17, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

However, based on my recent past performance, if someone would pay my expenses to Las Vegas for a week, air fare, suite and a gambling stake, I will split all of my profits from gambling on equal shares of 70% to me and 30% to investors. I guarantee that I will win if you are willing to keep sending money until I hit a good streak!

11/18/07, 12:14 AM

i will go to the rodeo with you...someday...that would be awesome...used to go all the time in Washington...as for the expenses...I think the Wolves would be glad to take us instead of putting a new roof on their home...

11/18/07, 12:37 AM

Oh yeah ...we will take you! because you need to get out of state before my pack!
I will be the scout! I think I should go an scope out the area so I can get you guys the good deals. You pay... I will shop around, get you the best deals so when you come down it would be cheap and I would have saved you money!

11/18/07, 8:56 AM

Post a Comment