Gigantopithecus Blacki  

Posted by Stan Harrington


I have always enjoyed the studies of Cryptozoology, with the majority of my research focusing on Sasquatch, better known as “Bigfoot”. My interest in the subject increased when on two different occasions I have personally had a sighting. The first occurred late one evening, our family campground was deserted, returning home, I walked to the edge of the bluff and looked into the “bowl” where the campground is situated. We have an elaborate, large fire pit where we spend many hours sitting on our lawn chairs around the fire. This particular evening, a large brown object was sitting in a lawn chair. At first, I thought it to be a bear and in an instant when he spotted me, he was out of the chair and lumbered into the alder patch and out of sight.

My second sighting was the following spring, while preparing my box garden for planting, I went to retrieve some items from our storage building which sits on an open meadow with scattered small spruce trees. It was at this time that I caught a glance of a brown figure, standing erect on two feet running through the trees. Although, on both occasions, the object was standing erect on two feet, about six feet tall and covered with hair. Because of the terrain, I was not able to discover any footprints. I am not sure what I did see; it could have possibly been my one of my neighbors.

In the United States, the first sighting of “Sasquatch” occurred in 1840 by early explorers to the northwest. When they discussed it with the resident Indians in the area, they were familiar with the specie. They referred to it by a different name, which translated to “salmon stealer”. Grover Krantz, a well-known cryptozoologist is convinced the figure is a Gigantopithecus blacki. His counterpart, Geoffrey Bourne also agrees to this since most fossils relating to the specie have been found in China. The Siberian forests are very similar to those we see in the Pacific Northwest. He also contends that many well-known animals migrated across the Bering Strait “so perhaps” Gigantopithecus blacki is the “Bigfoot” of the American continent and perhaps is the “Yeti” of the Himalayas.

Years of research has gone into the study of this creature with very few details that prove positive. Pictures have been taken; however, the majority of them are of poor quality and not definitive. However, thanks to my truck-driving brother, I have discovered where they actually live and it is easy enough to find. I am surprised that not one has checked out the area since it appears they are leaving clues for us to find them. I would like to disclose the exact location, but I want to get the first pictures, but I will give you a clue. Good Luck.






This entry was posted on February 16, 2008 at Saturday, February 16, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

...got my "peeps" on it as we speak....

2/16/08, 1:00 PM

If you not getting what we are, you may want to get on more than your "peeps" in case it hits you. Light snow, heavy wind, visibility 1/4 mile - ugly. Good thing it is a slow TV day, as reception is spotty.

2/16/08, 2:24 PM

I'll hunt hunt Sasquatchs!

2/16/08, 6:38 PM

Father Big foot lives in the Rain Forests on the Washington Peninsula...all the native tribes there have various stories...but try camping in those woods for a week. I love camping and have been in many woods in a lot of places...but there...it is creepy...like something is watching you at all times...hated hiking in the woods in Neah Bay....maybe i have an over active imagination...but the "death platforms" in the very tops of the trees once held dead Indians....so why not big foot...it's creepy.

2/16/08, 11:43 PM

You dont think they still use those platforms do you...?

2/16/08, 11:43 PM

I just read about those platforms in a book...creeepy.

2/17/08, 9:37 AM

Still pieces of some of them way up in the tops of some of those hundred year old trees...the history is awesome...wonder if anyone has ever climbed the trees to see whats left up there.

2/17/08, 10:54 AM

Not to do with Sasquatch, but an earlier comment on Erratic Howlings leads me to believe you should be wished Happy 42nd Anniversary! Give yer little woman a hug for us and be sure to treat her golden this day.

2/18/08, 9:52 AM

Damn he beat me to it....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD....
THANKS FOR MEETING AND MAKING ME!
I LOVE YOU BOTH AND HOPE THIS WET DAY DOES NOT HINDER YOUR FUN.....

2/18/08, 11:32 AM

Big foot, maybe lead foot. A few of the drivers on this route need
shaves but Big Foot may be stretching it. As for the sighting at HITW, had to be one of your North Fork neighbors.

2/19/08, 6:27 AM

Post a Comment