Loquaciousness  

Posted by Stan Harrington

With Super Bowl Sunday, followed by Super Tuesday, I am ready for a rest! I can only take so much excitement in my life! I have to stop and meditate, allowing my thoughts to settle down so I will be mentally prepared to sit at the poker table on my weekly Wednesday evening game. Speaking of Super Bowl, throughout the play-off season, I picked the Patriots to win. I wanted them to set that record of 19-0 and Tom Brady to pick up another ring. However, on Sunday morning, I awoke with an inner feeling that my pick may be wrong. On Sunday morning, I sent my youngest son an e-mail picking the Giants to win by three points. Now, I wish I would have spent the time calling the "bookies" in Las Vegas. However, all was not in vain, I did win $100.00 in local football pool on the game.

I will not even touch on Super Tuesday, I could prattle on that subject for quite some time so I will reserve that not my other site. My brother did pass a long a cut joke to me a couple of days ago. It is adapted from the original story of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". Although the original story has been adapted to a screenplay on numerous occasions, the movie is not nearly as good as the book and should be included on your must list as a book to read. However, the joke follows the story. The Seven Dwarfs got up, had their breakfast and left the home that they shared with Snow White to go to work in their mine. A short time later, Snow White heard a rumbling sound and a small bird appeared at her window and whispered that the dwarfs mine had a cave in. Snow White rushed to the mine only to find that the entrance had been closed off from the debris. She tried to move the heavy rocks, but they were to big for her to move. She finally managed to carve out a small hole and putting her mouth to the hole she yelled, "Can you hear me?" She heard no reply. She waited and made a second attmept, "Can you hear me?" She still heard no reply. Making a third attempt, "Can you hear me, are you o.k.? She thought she heard a voice so she pressed her ear to the opening and in a faint voice, she heard a reply "Did Hillary get elected?" Excited, she placed her mouth to the hole and yelled back, "Thank God Dopey, you are alive".

After seeing the weather forecast last night when the National Weather Service posted a Wind Chill Warning" for the Matanuska Valley and Kenai Peninsula. I was releived to see them cancell the advisory later in the evening and assure us that the wind chill factor would remain above minus forty degrees. I found it so humerous, that I sent it to everyone that I know in the lower forty eight, both of them.

Now, I have a technical question to ask all of you tinkers out there. As you can readily see, I am a comma abuser and rely heavily on spell check. The spell check on blogspot.com has been down for several days. Reportedly, they are working on it. If you push the spell check button, which does not work then you cannot post a picture on the blog site. However, if you push the post a picture button first it will post for you but the spell check still does not work. In my limited knowledge, I am thinking it is a problem with the spell check button. Numerous notices have been posted pertaining to the problem and reportedly it is being worked on. So, how do the rest of you make your postings? Do you use the posting template on blogspot or do you use some other method. Enlighten me, bring me out of the darkness!

I did make a good discovery, knowing my son in laws it is likely old news. I am not a beer drinker, although at the HITW I will partake in a beverage on occasion, but have never really developed a taste for that particular brew except in small amounts, unless they buy it. However, upon seeing commercials about the "new" Miller Chill, I purchased a six pack for Super Bowl. It was very good, between my other half and myself we consumed the six pack before the game was over. Now, I look forwardf to this summer, sitting around the firepit in my sombreo "chilling out".

This entry was posted on February 5, 2008 at Tuesday, February 05, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

11 comments

For me, spell check comes in the form a little squiggly red line under the misspelled word...just like word!
When I need my grammar checked I cut and paste into word.... and then back to Blogger.

I family actually watched the whole super bowl!! I am so proud.

2/6/08, 6:46 AM

i use word then copy and paste....word has a much broader dictionary and gives me more possibilities for my horrendous spelling...don't usually use it on comments though...just blogs.

2/6/08, 8:41 AM

My spell check works good, too. I don't have to hit a button to get checked, either. Does the same for me in commenting on this site as when posting on mine. It appears to be an automatic function - leaving the "spell-check" button a redundant redundancy.

2/6/08, 10:14 AM

Must just be your site with issues.

2/6/08, 10:16 AM

The new "chill" is just lime in the beer, right? What are ya - Messican!? or did they just pee in your beer?

2/6/08, 10:19 AM

The Miller Chill is marketed after the traditonal way of drinking beer in Mexico, with a lime. Plus the Chill is a light beer so I do not have to worry about putting on the pounds - not that I am using bull Buffie as an example! nice taste, don't have to carry around a basket of limes and ity is the traditional beer of Terry's people. I am hoping by spring it will be available in the pony keg model.

2/6/08, 11:42 AM

Whatcha talking about that your spell check works and also works on your comments - you cutting and pasting, hope you are using the little safety scissors and not the pointy ones and I would suspect you are also sniffing the glue!

2/6/08, 11:44 AM

Nope my comments spell check also... I bet it is FireFox!

What does.... Loquaciousness ... mean?

2/6/08, 4:41 PM

I do not have Fire Fox! My spell check does not work and according to blogspot.com a lot of peroles spell check does not work! Evidently, your dictionary button does not work? It means "talkative"

2/6/08, 6:10 PM

Hey I have spell check...it is what ever kid is looking over my shoulder....

2/6/08, 6:16 PM

...hey my dictionary is working nights, give me a break...it looks like a fictitious word!

2/6/08, 10:25 PM

Post a Comment