Global Warming Trend  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Despite the warnings of Nobel Prize Recipient Al Gore, I have not been assured that we are in a trend of catastrophic Global Warming. The following pictures were taken at 0630 this date at our home in Anchor Point. I should have followed my intuitions and installed "smudge pots" in the flower beds that we planted two days ago. Although the first picture is of frost surrounding a bouquet of Pansies, the second picture is a puddle of water that has been transformed to ice. During the past twenty five years of non-Global Warming, in Anchor Point we normally have two months of the year in which you do not need to worry about a late frost. Those months being June and July. Perhaps, we will have a warming trend in July. I would suggest the Nobel Prize Selection Committee ask Al Gore to return his prize, including the cash sum that he received and return to his work at in improving the Internet in which he invented. Until I see a warming trend, I am going to burn some fossil fuel in my "smudge pots".




This entry was posted on June 24, 2008 at Tuesday, June 24, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

brrrrr
thats gotta be hard on summertime plants, 8:30am here 64deg.

6/24/08, 8:33 AM

sounds like, still, one month a year
without frost in AP. Too bad the warming "trend" hasn't hit our state - I could move the avocado tree outside.

6/24/08, 8:11 PM

Post a Comment