Travel Industry  

Posted by Stan Harrington

The travel industry has changed so much over the past several years, what was once a luxury has become a nightmare. The rental car industry has even increased their regulations, as well as their prices. Just recently, I was reserving a rental car to make a short trip in the lower forty eight. Wanting to drop the car off at a different location than in which I rented it, I come across this nifty little rule from Alamo Rental Car. Read it carefully.

"ONE WAY RENTAL"
"A vehicle can be rented in one location and returned to another. Some one way rentals are assessed a one time drop charge in addition to the rental rate (see Drop Charge for more details). Please book your one way rentals in advance. Rentals that are returned within the same city could be subject to a drop charge. Certain one way rentals, such as San Francisco to Honolulu, (or vice versa) are not allowed."

I guess that rules out any trans-Pacific Ocean driving trips, unless you are making it a round trip and dropping off the car at the same location in which you picked it up.

This entry was posted on June 21, 2008 at Saturday, June 21, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

When did they build a bridge to Honolulu? U-hauls just as bad, nobody does a round tripm with a u-haul

6/21/08, 10:52 AM

I heard they were gonna do that, build a bridge to the islands! I think they may connect it to the Bridge To Nowhere which will intersect with Coconut Road! Where ya going Dad? and why ya leaving?

6/22/08, 12:19 AM

Looking for a little sunshine where I do not have to haul rocks, dirt, and plant flowers. Secret mission, if I told you then you would know so it would not be a secret mission any longer. If I keep it a secret, then you won't know because I did not tell you but I would still know so it would just be a secret that I knew about. It is difficult to keep secrets this day and age. Sometimes, you just have to keep things to yourself. However, my planning in the beautifucuation project work out perfectly, popped about 300 posies into the ground yesterday while your motehr mowed the lawns, woke up to a nice little rain this morning. Converted the Greenhouse into a "Strawberry Patch", don't expect much of a harvest this year, but next year we will have enough to set up a roadside stand. They are loving their new home and you can actaully see them growing.

6/22/08, 9:57 AM

Wow, I carved up a hot tub and put a few walls up. I also dug up some strawberry's, that snuck out of their beds, which allowed me to expanded the strawberry patch. I also moved some Mother-In-Law Tongues, they will make a nice border around the garden fence. I think this week I will pile a mucho bunches of crap in the driveway so I can use your truck to haul it to the dump. I think John took photos of the construction/destruction... maybe he will grace us with some by morning.

6/22/08, 9:59 PM

Post a Comment