Good Morning Alaska  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Wednesday morning, I awoke at 4:44 a.m. Finding my way into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee, I noticed a red hue shining through the glass of our back door. Myself and my dog "Dutch" would spend the next hour sitting on our back stoop thoroughly enjoying the natural aerial light show. The quietness was only broken by the choir of a multitude of song birds providing the background music. While sipping my coffee, I could only think how fortunate I was to be witnessing the birth of this new day. The entire time, "Dutch" laid at my feet facing the rising sun, perhaps enjoying the show as much as I. What a great way to start the first day of the rest of my life.


This entry was posted on June 25, 2008 at Wednesday, June 25, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Not many more peaceful things than the calm sunrise.

6/26/08, 5:14 AM

Post a Comment