In Loving Memory  

Posted by Stan Harrington


Dedicated To My Son,
Shane Scott Harrington




"Remember Me"

Remember Me in quiet days

While raindrops whisper on your pane.

But in your memories have no grief

Let just the joy we knew remain

Remember me when evening stars

Look down on you with steadfast eyes.

Remember if once you wake

To catch a glimpse of red sunrise.

And when your thoughts do turn to me,

Know that I would not have you cry.

But live for me and laugh for me,

When you are happy, so am I.

Remember an old joke we shared;

Remember me when spring walks by.

Think once of me when you are glad

And while you live, I shall not die.

This entry was posted on October 24, 2008 at Friday, October 24, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

Not many people have the opportunity to have such a wonderful son,father,brother,uncle and grandson. We certainly enjoyed the time we spent with Shane. We will keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers in this sad time. Shane surely will be missed by all. Sending you our love, prayers and hugs.
Dick & Pat

10/24/08, 11:07 AM

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.....we love you all!

10/24/08, 2:55 PM

I'm driving to Homer tomorrow. Thoughts and prayers from Anchorage seemed to far away.

10/27/08, 1:06 AM

Wish I could be there today, maybe on Memorial Day. My thoughts and prayers are with you...

10/27/08, 11:38 AM

beautiful poem, beautiful son.

my deep condolences to your whole family

10/31/08, 3:43 AM

I am proud to be part of this family that holds together with the glue of love and friendship. I would like you to know that I'm grateful for all I have learned from you and yours - my second family. Nearing 20 years of being part of this family and my only regret is never having enough time to spend with all of you. Your personality, character and thoughfulness should be the world's example of how to live life to it's fullest. You have my utmost admiration for your inner strength and I have much pride when I speak or think of you. It is no mystery that your son was such a great man to know.

10/31/08, 6:46 AM

John's words are so true...what more could one say...

11/2/08, 7:15 AM

Shane touched so many lives while he was here. His spirit and smile live on through all who were so blessed to have been a part of his life. We are thinking about you and praying for God's peace to ease the ache in your hearts and the void we all feel. Love and prayers--R & J

11/16/08, 9:58 PM

Post a Comment