"Coffee Clutch"  

Posted by Stan Harrington

At times, when I listen to the "experts", I just have to shake my head and wonder whatever happened to common sense. The big "turn around" on global warming is one of the classic examples. The "Plumma" picked up on the misrepresentation of the facts, long before the experts admitted that their data may be "slightly flawed".

Speaking about flawed data, was it not "special" to see our President receiving the Nobel Peace Prize last week. Although the ceremonies were just held, he was selected to receive the honor last spring. Wait a minute, he had only been in office for a few months when he was nominated and selected as the recipient. Trivia question: How many Presidents have been selected to receive the Nobel Peace Prize during their first year in office? His selection for the Peace Award and Al Gores selection a couple of years ago for his efforts in stemming of Global Warming contributes greatly to the validity of the Nobel Prize selection process.

Since this is a "coffee clutch" posting, guess we should have something about coffee. "My name is Stan, I am a habitual coffee drinker". I love my coffee and most likely consume more than I should, but who is to judge. Do you think three or four pots of coffee is to much in one day? Coffee has never been a problem for me, except when I do not have any. My first routine each morning is to pour myself a cup of coffee. Normally, I will also have coffee just prior to going to bed for the night. Drink a cup of coffee and I can be napping in five minutes. No caffeine effect on me. However, in the past few days the subject of coffee has made the news. On Tuesday, 12/8/2009 there was a news article with a opening lead in sentence that read; "have a few more cups of coffee each day can reduce a man's risk of dying of prostate cancer". Hey that applies to me! In the test case, 50,000 men were in the study group from 1986 to 2006. In that group, 4,975 cases of prostate cancer was diagnosed but only 846 of those cases was diagnosed as aggressive cancer. Those in the aggressive cancer group, 87% of them were non-coffee drinkers.
In the same article, it was quoted as saying "A number of studies have found that coffee is associated with a reduced risk of diabetes. All good news.
However, the next day I watched an interview with a doctor that linked coffee with obesity. According to her studies, one cup of unsweetened, no cream, coffee was equivalent to five (5) hot fudge sundaes! Again, let's use a little common sense! Coffee contains no calories! However, according to her some type of proton hits the cell which normally absorbs and burns fat. Since there is no fat in coffee, it enters the cell and the cell cannot burn the caffeine, consequently you get fat. Yea, let me me a model for that theory, not only am I not fat, I don't even have a butt! I can provide a number of models that are very slender, weight proportion individuals that are very heavy coffee drinks. Perhaps those that hang out at the Hole In The Wall should be in that test group!

This is my 603 posting since February 2006. Earlier today, I did a little research on my "feed counter". Out of 602 postings, the posting that was most read was "Ugly Fish Contest" written on 1/24/09, 25% of visitors came to my site for that article. The second highest was, "Operation Wetback" written on 3/3/09. However, a posting wishing one of my daughters a Happy Birthday was most widely read from Pakistan! Readers from Japan rated the highest on the article titled "They Were Soldiers", a article pertaining to the invasion of Alaska during WW II and our "Alaskan Scouts".

That Is All ~ Time To Go Get A Cup Of Coffee




This entry was posted on December 14, 2009 at Monday, December 14, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

can't have too much of that stuff!
The ugly fish contest was a good time. i can see why the ratings show for it.

12/14/09, 10:19 PM

Post a Comment