HITWRA Update  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Enjoyed an evening around the fire pit at the Hole In the Wall this evening. Daddy Bear and the Raven Clan were in camp for the night. Had a great visit and some good coffee while sitting around the pit. Little Raven and Little Moose had the sand hill to themselves without the interference from those of the female specie. The two boys had a great time playing.
Consensus around the fire pit was similar to my earlier observation, the yard beautification project at the Moose Camp was very nice and although the flowers are growing rapidly at the Wolf Den, additional work is needed to bring it up to the quality level of the Moose landscaping project.
The electrical monitor also discovered where the noise was coming from that has been disrupting the pristine quietness of the Hole In the Wall. It may also be the cause for the fire that erupted that I described in an earlier posting. Seems as if some fan was left on in the one wheeled recreational vehicle that was parked next to the fire pit. Since Memorial Day, this little fan has been running 24 / 7 which also accounts for the fact that the battery was not fully charged. Don't worry about it, the Golden Granny will not get the electrical bill for another week, then you need to worry!
Had the Kid's Derby today so I spent sometime at the AA, even worked the counter for a short time, it reinforced my concept of retirement! A 25.2 pound King Salmon won the Derby. Daddy Moose and Daddy Bear fished together this morning, don't tell anyone but several very young fishermen on the river out fished the two of them together! I guess, I should take the time to once again take them fishing and see if I can introduced the concept of fishing to them, like catching a fish! The new smokehouse is almost done, so it is time that I return to my fishing. I figure that I can smoke 23 King Salmon or 51 Silver Salmon at a time. By the way, whatever happened to all that King Salmon that was smoke during the Memorial Day trip? Did anybody get a sampling of it?

This entry was posted on June 11, 2006 at Sunday, June 11, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

I took that salmon to the wolf den for a BBQ...forgot it...Mama wolf called and said come get it...it is stinking my frige up....upon return the gallon size zip lock that was full...had just two small pieces of skin with a little meat left....guess she did not want to wash the fishy bag...so much for the salmon spread I had planned...guess it is time to come fishing...maybe I mama wolf and I will have to once again show up...papa moose and papa bear...."fisherwoman power!!"...

6/11/06, 9:09 AM

I want pictures of this landscaping... and you don't need to rub it in that my clan is not there to enjoy!!! I MISS THE HOLE!!

My Pack did eat your fish...but they didn't eat it all.. there was more then just skin left!

6/11/06, 11:24 AM

Post a Comment