Thursday Prattling  

Posted by Stan Harrington

When viewing my news source, I am never quite sure what is going to appear as news worthy. Currently, the news service is filled with political news, I even noticed that my brother was one of the first to editorially discuss the results of the nationwide election. Interesting results to be considered in several races, however, I will refrain from editorializing until the dust has settled, perhaps I can provide an insight that has yet to be considered in the national races.

The news item that brought a little humor into my day took place in Great Britain several days ago, although our ancestral background is English, I am sure that this person was not a member of our surname family, however, I am not ruling out the fact that this person could be related to one of my son in laws. One of them is intrigued in the construction and demolition of fireworks and small homemade bombs. The second son in law is intrigued with fire. This fetish often involves the consumption of alcohol, two items that do not mix well but he has also been known to make two attempts within 10 minutes to burn down cooking tents.

This individual living in London, made the decision to make a statement while setting off some fireworks. Instead of using a stand on the ground, or even holding it with his hands to ignite and launch the rocket, he made the decision to use a orifice of his body as a launch site. He made a great "moon" shot, however, he had not considered any additional fires nor the heat, he is currently hospitalized in fair condition for a scorched colon. Surely my son in laws would never do anything like this?

For a thought to ponder today, this is a flock of geese, which is called a "gaggle".

This is a flock of crows, common birds that we see on a dialy basis, especially around McDonalds, but what is a flock of crows called?

A thought to ponder.

This entry was posted on November 9, 2006 at Thursday, November 09, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

A "flock" of crows is called a "murder". AND - No. I would not light these from body orifices!

11/10/06, 6:43 AM

What is a flock of ravens called?...

11/10/06, 6:44 AM

yes a murder....and i sure hope my hubby is smarter then that.

11/10/06, 11:00 AM

I share your opinion Heid, I surely do hope so as well - but who was it than decided it would be faster to run down a bluff on the beach rather than pick a trail and walk down? Wo was it that spent 16 hours devising the "best fire cracker" ever only to ignite it and see it fizzle in the mud wrestling pit where he threw it? Who was it that invented mud slide toggan races? Who was it that wanted to devise a pully and sling and ride the wire from the top of the bluff into the campground? Need I say more?

11/10/06, 12:36 PM

no...you don't say any more...

11/11/06, 8:23 AM

Post a Comment