Enjoy A Good Movie  

Posted by Stan Harrington

I do enjoy watching a good movie, although I have to admit that I have not seen any of the latest releases. I prefer some of the older movies, a good western, action, historical military, and comedy.

I came across an article tonight posted on the Internet by Yahoo News. The title was "100 Movies To See Before You Die". Just the title caught my attention because I surely do not want to miss out on something I should have done. In order to insure that I had my "Bucket List" up to date I counted the number of movies on their list that I should watch. I surely do not want to miss something this important in my life.

Keeping in mind, the genres of movies that I enjoy I was really disappointed that only one of John Wayne's movies made the list, "The Searchers". A good classic, "Bonnie and Clyde" made the list, it was a good movie for the time. It brought back memories of when it was first released. I was the Leading Petty Officer at the Fire Stations at the Naval Station on Adak, Alaska. My firefighters always had a movie in the evening. After they watched "Bonnie and Clyde", I took the movie, projector, and screen home. We had a house party with several friends and had a great time watching Clyde and his machine gun. I was also very surprised to find only one of Clint Eastwood's movies on the list, "The Good, Bad, and Ugly". He is still making movies and some great ones not only as a actor but also a director.

At any rate, I carefully counted the movies that I had watched from the "Top 100 List". I have a bunch of movies to watch, I only counted 34 movies on the list that I have watched. Fortunately for me, I have an excess of 20,000 movies in storage, surely the top one hundred is in one of those boxes.

How many movies on this list have you seen?

This entry was posted on March 24, 2009 at Tuesday, March 24, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Nosfurato might be the next on my "see it" list, but I think I'll watch One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest again, first, just to refresh.

3/24/09, 7:06 AM

I counted 35, that I can recall seeing. I can't believe some of those made the list... I think MASH is one I would like to re-watch.

3/24/09, 8:40 AM

I've seen 54 of them. Missed most of them in the pre 1960's category. I was surprised at many of them I had seen at the Homer theatre (can't remember what it was called 1963-68) growing up as a kid. My dad loved Clint Eastwood and John Wayne movies and took me to anything they were in.

3/27/09, 7:53 AM

Mike, the Homer Family Theater, same place, same name with a minor face lift. I did not know that Tad was a Clint Eastwood and John Wayne fan. Two of my all time favorites. You will need to set up a blog site so we can keep track of what you are doing. Good to have you checking in.

3/28/09, 12:24 AM

Post a Comment