Prattle On Line Auction  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Very recently, within the past six hours, I have come into possession of a very rare and difficult to find object that has the potential to become a family heirloom. To keep my reputation beyond reproach, I won this object in a recent contest. This is the first time I have ever won anything, however, this prize was well worth waiting for. To the very best of my knowledge, I have the only one in existence in Anchor Point and possibly in the State of Alaska. Only a limited number of this object was ever made.
Personally, I would not sell it, however, being on a fixed income and the current economic crisis, I need to come up with some financial stimulation in order that I can continue to receive electrical services to my domicile.
Although not pictured, a custom quality velvet covered case is included to protect the object. As well, the item itself is enclosed in a plastic case to protect the value of the object from scratches and finger prints. A Certificate of Authentication as pictured is also enclosed to insure the value remains authentic and registered.
Attached are scanned pictures of the object, although the pictures have been enlarged to enhance the quality and demonstrate the pristine condition of the object. It is not a sign of inflation. Although, I have not had the time nor funding to have the object appraised, I have been assured that the object is gold.
The bidding will commence from the time that this posting is posted until 11:59:59 PM, Alaska Standard Time on March 4, 2009. The seller reserves the right to refuse any and all bids as well as maintaining a secret minimum bid.
The bidder that is fortunate enough to purchase this item will be notified via the comment section of this posting. All bids will be reviewed after the closing time of the auction. Payment must be received by the seller in the form of cash, certified check, or U.S. Postal money order. I am sorry but no personal checks, debit cards, and especially credit cards will not be accepted. Good Luck to each of you in the auction.










SCROLL DOWN















That is not a tear falling from his right eye, evidently my scanner has a speck on it as the Certificate of Authenticity is clean and in pristine condition.

This entry was posted on March 4, 2009 at Wednesday, March 04, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

I'll give him my two cents!

3/4/09, 7:19 AM

We laughed each time they show the commercial selling those. Come to think of it they haven't showed those in awhile and each time they did show it the price got less and less!

3/4/09, 7:44 AM

I would see your two cents, and raise you the $ .73 on my desk AND one - Elizabeth II, Bermuda twenty-five cent piece (circa 2000).

(he really should be crying - as I am from laughing at the well-written presentation for the item at auction)

good read, Prattler.
I'll be back to claim my prize at midnight! the check's in the mail.

3/4/09, 11:39 AM

Congratulations, you are the 26,000th visitor to visit this site.

3/4/09, 4:26 PM

I am sorry, but the minimum bid has not been received for the auctioned item, accordingly the object will be withdrawn and retained as a family heirloom until such time that increases in value to the point that it will put one of my grandchildren through college.

3/5/09, 1:50 AM

within the bid request and specification, there was nothing that indicated a minimum bid.
As the highest bidder - rules followed - I believe I am entitled to the item at auction upon payment received for this said item. I should, also, get a prize (discount?) for being the 26,000th viewer, no?
It ought to be worth bank by the time Nat, Roo, Boo, or Butch go to college given the nature of Presidential firsts.
Being the payment is already en route for the item (and I think I got ripped off),
I might have to take this up with the auction committee.

3/5/09, 8:19 AM

Please not second to last paragraph in posting, you should always read the entire posting.

Copy and Pasted Verbatim:

The bidding will commence from the time that this posting is posted until 11:59:59 PM, Alaska Standard Time on March 4, 2009. The seller reserves the right to refuse any and all bids as well as maintaining a secret minimum bid.

3/5/09, 10:26 AM

My apologies. it is difficult to read "between" the lines.

3/6/09, 8:08 AM

Post a Comment