A Very White Christmas  

Posted by Stan Harrington


It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. As you can see from the Doppler radar picture that was downloaded just a few minutes ago. It appears that those of you living in the LA area are escaping it. I surely hope it moves north and gets you as well, we should always share at Christmas time.
It has been snowing lightly all day, but with the wind it looked like a blizzard. Currently, we are getting gusts up to 40 knots and snowing hard. We have snow drifts on the front deck that is four feet high, appears that Grandma has a lot of deck shoveling to do tomorrow. Hopefully, she will be up early enough to shovel out my plow truck while I have my morning coffee and watch the morning news. Will need a little extra preparation time since I will be plowing snow the better part of the day. The bad thing about it, I was planning on watching football all day! As I listen to the wind howl and the snowflakes hurl past my window, would someone remind me why we chose to live here?
It would be a great time to be camping in the "Hole In The Wall", can you imagine the fun of sledding the slopes at this time of the night, a big fire in the pit. A very large pot of hot chocolate spiked with cinnamon schnapps. We have plenty of Christmas trees to choose from, being outside we could even use real candles on it if we can figure out some way to keep them burning. Some day, in the future, we will need to try a winter camp out - the worse thing that could happen is that we would have to retreat to the Eagles Nest. Perhaps, some of you could do better inthe winter sports than you did the summer competition. I may be able to break through the snow and plow it out yet, if anyone is interested.

This entry was posted on December 17, 2006 at Sunday, December 17, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

If I had a cabin I would camp out in the winter. Maybe after the new roof and boiler, we can take out a loan to build us a home away from home.
We are missing you and the snow....hopefully we will see you next week.

Tell mom i will call soon so i can get some plans going...miss you!!!

12/17/06, 10:54 AM

Hey iI typed that with out spell check or proof reading....minus the "i's" I did good!!

12/17/06, 10:55 AM

oops..iI...

12/17/06, 10:55 AM

The camper could work - for an adventure - and I could imagine sledding the HITWRA Glacier to a big firepit roaring...

12/17/06, 11:04 AM

Checked this morning, I can still work a plow into the HITWRA, if we get any more snow we can always go in by tobaggan and skis, we have plenty of skis and I figure I have enough grand daughters that they can tow me in the tobaggan - knowing them, they would take me to the top of the hill and let me go. We could plan on doingthat on New Year's Weekend. :) If all else fails, we can make the AA into our winter cabin!

12/17/06, 4:10 PM

Forgot, tough plow today, a lot of snow drifts to bust through, took me long enough that the little lady had all the decks done by the time I finished the video parking lot, my timing was great but she did have to break out the Ford to come pull my Chevy out, got her stuck on an easy push job, truck was not stuck but I sure did a great job in burying the plow.

12/17/06, 4:13 PM

Post a Comment