Winter Wonderland  

Posted by Stan Harrington


What a wonderful scene, to look out my window and see endless acres of freshly fallen snow, the trees laden as if they were decorated with cotton, the birds snacking at their feed station, gingerly picking the seeds out of the snow where the north winds have blown them. Not only is it beautiful scene but it also brings a sense of peace and tranquility.
However, my greatest joy is that I do not have to plow snow today! What a great way to end the year, no more wind shield time and listening to Merle Haggard on my eight track sound system in my plow truck. If I spend much more time in that truck, I am going to have to upgrade my sound system or find some of the eight track tapes that I have in storage, Merle is getting a little old. Somewhere I have a eight track tape of Bing Crosby singing "White Christmas" which would at least provide a little mood music.
I would get me one of those "eye pods" but with that thing sruck in my ear, I would not be able to hear the sound of my finely tuned engine and smooth transmission, of course it is a little difficult now that I have gaping holes in my muffler. The other snow plowers look at me with envy because they think I am driving a diesel. "Dutch" has always been my faithful companion, riding shotgun as I plow snow, but I think the gas fumes inside the cab have been getting to him as he is always begging to stick his head out the window, perhaps I will find time to work on that that so at least one of the windows will roll down. The old truck has a few minor problems, but we will keep her going since we will need to use it at the "Hole In The Wall", to do a little grading and leveling after the spring floods. Speaking of that, I have already reserved the snow machine trailer from the Bear Clan so we can move the new project into the campground as soon as all of you are available to be here to assist in the moving project. Would like to see you, but don't rush right down as I have not yet started construction. It is on hold until we get rid of all this damm snow.

This entry was posted on December 31, 2006 at Sunday, December 31, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

How about snow cave camping in the Hole in the Wall? Yeah, here I am in Beaver again. Think I'll spend New year's eve here in expectation of getting a glimpse of the Grand Old Beaver at the stroke of midnight. You were correct, Beaver is claiming Butch Cassidy as their fair haired home town boy. Sunny today and lots of white stuff, about 6 - 12 inches everywhere. Cool 30's.

12/31/06, 11:25 AM

I knew it, you would find a way to get back to Beaver! There you are putting up with a little skiff of snow when you could be driving the southern route through Arizona and New Mexico, but, no you have to go north just to go through Beaver, Utah. But, even though we are having to survive the winter snow, it is a whole lot better than what we were doing one year ago today at this exact hour.

12/31/06, 12:02 PM

I agree, much better than a year ago. Those kind of family reunions need to be few and far between. I liked the reunion on the river much better. You know like meeting relatives I'd never met before, the dancing, the party,....

12/31/06, 12:09 PM

What relatives did you meet at the summer party that you have not met before?

12/31/06, 12:26 PM

you know

12/31/06, 3:17 PM

Are there any Beaver clans?

12/31/06, 3:28 PM

Darn, Denver lost to SF in OT by a field goal

12/31/06, 4:05 PM

Happy new year......

1/1/07, 12:42 AM

No, "Wild Bill" there is no "Beaver Clan", but if you move to Alaska where you can participate in the activities, I will dwell on the subject to see if a "vision" comes to me, however, first I have to find an appropriate "mate" or "partner" for you, we gather "clans" similar to Noah gatering animals for the Ark, 2 x 2. An abundence of lovelies to chjoose from inthe area.

1/1/07, 12:29 PM

neatly framed.

10/4/09, 9:18 PM

Post a Comment