Kenai River Fishing  

Posted by Stan Harrington


Since my last posting of several minutes ago, the following pictures was forward to me. Unknown to me, but my Brother In Law also fished the Kenai River this past weekend. He was fishing downstream from Skilak Lake in front of his "retirement home". Just thought that some of you might like to know that all the Rainbows do not return to the lakes in the winter. Nice fish, Jim.

This entry was posted on February 15, 2007 at Thursday, February 15, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Only thing is - I wonder where all the snow went? Is there a natural tropical heat wave downstream, or do you think it's HAARP?
Either way, nice 'bow, Jim!

2/15/07, 5:38 AM

Last I heard the Kenai was FULL of Ice??? or washing it down stream.

2/15/07, 6:33 AM

Spring came early, perhaps it has something to do with Global Warming.

2/15/07, 10:18 AM

photo shop people photo shop! (ya all beat me to the snow comment. hehe)

2/16/07, 6:40 AM

I cannot believe how astute all of you are, I was surprised that each of you picked up the fact that it was a "fall" shot and not "winter", good going that is why I have "Warning" posted on my site. I am safe in anything I say with that clearly stated on the front page. However, as astute that each of you are, you missed the predominant point! There are only three species of fish in Alaska that is protected in the fact that they may not be rmeoved from the water when being released. Those being the King Salmon, Steelhead Trout, and Rainbolw Trout. Perhaps, some day our F&G biologist will realize that all fish should remain in the water when being released and protect the other species. But, that is a topic for my new Blog Site, if I ever get it ready to publish or find a good "tinker" to lay it out for me. To protect my brother in law, he did not remove this fish from the water, as he was releashing it, the fish jumped out of the water and Jim was able to grab it in mid air before it landed on the rocky beach.

2/16/07, 3:13 PM

Post a Comment