Shooting the Moon  

Posted by Stan Harrington

During the past few days, we have experienced the "largest" full moon for the remainder of this New Year. For the past two mornings, from 5:30 a.m. top 10:21 a.m, I have been making an attempt to get some decent moon shots. I have discovered that this particular object is very difficult to shoot, especially when hindered by power lines, telephone lines, sub zero weather, and this morning, cloud cover. However, it was a fun project and well worth the time and effort. I figured I have many full moons in the future, eventually I will get the "shot" that I want. I apologize for cutting short a very beautiful classical piece of music to make it fit within the time frame of the clip. It was either that or you would have to set through almost five minutes of "moon shots" to hear the entire piece of music.

For my immediate family, there is a "family trivia" question embedded within the short clip, can you solve the mystery?


This entry was posted on January 11, 2009 at Sunday, January 11, 2009 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

'tis no mystery that a Harrington might see some things that ain't there from time to time.
Oh! Wait! Did Jack hang the power lines in the pictures?


...just grabbing at crazy straws here...

1/12/09, 6:47 PM

Wow, what a great guess, you may be right, however, it is not the answer that I seek. I have cussed those lines since the day we bought the property, perhaps someday they will invent someway to put power lines and phone lines underground.

1/13/09, 1:18 AM

and, now, for something completely different

I don't think I caught the question?

1/13/09, 5:55 AM

I have been researching, but could not come up with a question?? Isn't it 43 years in a month??

1/13/09, 6:39 AM

Yes,Heidi it is next month, however after 43 years what difference is a month, I do not foresee any termination of the marriage within the next 36 days. I know not why you and Plumma seek a question, the answer is in front of you and something very obvious that you should know in trivial family history. I will give you a hint, play the short video one more time, but this time lean back in your chair and close your eyes because what you see may be clouding your vision.

1/13/09, 8:21 AM

Post a Comment