Cabin Fever Variety Show  

Posted by Stan Harrington

This past evening, I once again had the opportunity to be the Master of Ceremonies at the Anchor Point Cabin Fever Variety Show. A small town, variety show that has been breaking up the spell of the winter for the past fifty years. The show is hosted as a fund raising opportunity for the Anchor Point Public Library. The variety show is an opportunity for the "locals" to demonstrate their talents in voice, instrumental, and even acting. It was another great show with a tremendous turnout of the community to support the project.

No being an avid reader and very rarely visiting the local library, I thought it best that I take the opportunity to read a few books in order that I would be able to communicate effectively with those that take full advantage of the library. I was surprised to find a special section at the library that has been developed for those of us that do not enjoy or to busy to read a book that contains over five pages. It is a new feature that has been developed in all libraries and is titled "World's Smallest Books". The books are a fast read, taking only a couple of minutes, they cover a wide range of topics, and written by well known authors. I am including a few of the titles that I enjoyed immensely as well as advancing my knowledge in a variety of areas.

"How To Get To The Super Bowl" by Dan Marino

"Things That I Can't Afford" by Bill Gates

"Everything Men Know About Women" by Dr. Joyce Brothers

"Beauty Secrets" by Janet Reno (Attorney General, Clinton Administration)

"Things I Love About Bill" by Hillary Clinton

"All The Men I've Loved Before" by Ellen DeGeneres

"Spotted Owl Recipes" by The Sierra Club

"Royal Family Guide To Good Marriages" by Prince Charles

"A Portrait of Integrity" by Bill Clinton

"The Wild Years" by Al Gore

"Cooking Gourmet Dishes with Tofu" by Martha Stewart

"Life Of A Beauty Queen" by Rosie O'Donnell

"Guide To Dating Etiquette" by Mike Tyson

I do hope you enjoy this selection of "Small Books" and that it will encourage you to visit your local library on a regular basis.

This entry was posted on January 28, 2007 at Sunday, January 28, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Glad to hear you are reading ...great book titles. To bad you didn't have a new fancy camera ... you could have taped and U-tubed the show.

1/28/07, 9:15 PM

Your Mom probably read to him.

I still am MOST distraught over Bernie wearing a dress.

1/29/07, 4:52 PM

ha ha ha...yeah stan you tube it...Watch out for a new video with all our snow fun from sunday...as for all the books you chose...I shudder but am not entirely shocked. By the way heidi, i just downloaded ALL of my pictures on my ipod and soon will be downloading all my video...that way I always have my pictures with me.

1/29/07, 9:17 PM

COOL!

1/29/07, 9:17 PM

Great presidential campaign annoucements by
Sen Biden

The best routes to Beaver, by RangerBill
y
What to do while in Beaver by RangerBill

Military Intell and Maps by Giraldo

My greatest military victories by Gen
Wes Clark

Voice lessons by Rep Charley Rangel
co author Susan Estrich

2/2/07, 7:04 AM

I want a copy of "Voice Lessons", my favorite authors, these two ae the only ones that I know can make me imediatly mad. The "Guide to Beaver" by Ranger Bill might be good reading, must be a reason for hte popularity of this small Utah town.

2/2/07, 10:07 AM

Post a Comment