Happy Birthday  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Happy Birthday, Elvis! Today, would have been the 72nd Birthday of the "King of Rock and Roll", Elvis Presley. He gave all of us so many memories and so many great songs. I recall the first time that I saw Elvis on television. I was just a youngster, watching him on snow covered TV screen that measured about 4 inches by 5 inches attached to an antenna that was about fifty feet high. It was his first performance on the Ed Sullivan Show and "he shook up the whole world". He was perhaps one of the greatest entertainers of all time. He was an original. He was "The King".

This entry was posted on January 8, 2007 at Monday, January 08, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

and our father referred to him as Wigglin
Gigglin Elvis

1/8/07, 10:51 AM

So where you when you watched? I think that moment in time has been relived as much as the first moon walk.

1/8/07, 9:37 PM

funny...

1/8/07, 11:04 PM

I was in Colroado, grade school, we had just got our first tv, I recall either Don or Larry tried to take a picture of him onthe tv - it was a great picture of snow! the moon walk, I was on Adak, everyone was glued to their TV's and for JFK assination, I was in Navy Boot Camp at Great Lakes Naval Training Center - bases were locked down for several days. I was at the hospital when you were born!

1/9/07, 10:22 AM

If you are wondering why I have not been around, I think the cold weather froze my rotary dial telephone line. Yesterday it was minus 20 at the house, minus 26 at the tackle shop - have not even looked this morning - all I know is that Dutch and Goldie are not real excited about going out so it must be cold. One of the little birds at our bird feeder yesterday had wrapped grass around his little feet to keep warm. but, it is suppose to snow tomorrow - oh yea! For us older bloggerts that have not switched over to the new program, they are trying to freeze us out. Server was off line for several hours this morning - but just the old blogger.com, the new program was up and running! Not going to give in to the pressure -I figure my old HP MSDOS computer and rotary dial up modem is plenty good. Going to get me a new Poloroid Camera so I can take instant pictures for posting.

1/9/07, 10:27 AM

Post a Comment