Buffet of Thoughts  

Posted by Stan Harrington

We made it through the first wave of storms moving through the area, we had monsoon rains the majority of the day with flood warnings posted on local rivers. But the great news is that everyone in the metro area and surrounding inhabited valleys are also getting just as wet. Had one littler chore to do today at the HITWRA, stupid me I made the comment, "Boy, I am sure glad we got the campground finished before this rain". The comment that I received in return, "See, I told you so"! Why do women always have to say this to their husbands?

After reading the comments from the blog that I posted yesterday, I was real concerned that the Plumma would worry about his dimensional lumber all winter, so to make him "worry free", I called the "Bill the Woodman" to bring in another load of firewood with assorted dimensional boards included. He had to have his trailer back by tomorrow morning, so in the middle of the monsoon, the Golden Granny and myself are unloading firewood and stacking it on the Plumma's dimensional lumber so it will not warp. Although, that was not our main reason, we knew the Plumma would want his lumber upon arrival, but now he will have to cut the firewood to get to his lumber!


I had a great find today, if you have not downloaded Google Earth yet, "get er done", it is a great program and so much fun to play with. You can take the earth somewhere out in space and tell it to find Anchor Point, Alaska and you go zooming through space and land in the "Little Hamlet By the River". I had a great vacation today, in less than two minutes I flew from the White House to downtown Baghdad, back to Montrose, Colorado before returning to Anchor Point. It provides you with some great detail, for instance the Buffalo Wallow is located at 61 Degrees 11'32.19" North 149 Degrees 45'28.83 West at an elevation of 316 feet. The Wolf Den is at 61 Degrees 11'19.90 North 149 Degrees 44'33.77 West at an elevation of 352 feet. The clarity is great, you can see some great detail, for instance in the back yard of the Buffalo Wallow, their apple tree is laden down with fruit. The Apple tree in the backyard of the Wolf Pack is void of any apples except a few right at the top. The Wolf Truck was in the driveway but I did not see any sign of life so I will assume she wolf was napping. The Buffalo Bus was in their driveway, but no sign of life except the neighbor lady was looking out her window. By the way, both of you may want to start preparing your yard area for winter - get a few things picked up!

We can all rest easier now, our favorite planet Pluto has been reassigned a new name, a really cute name so from hence forth, the ex-planet will be called 134340. I want to contest the awarding of a blue ribbon to Dicky Rogers when I was in the third grade! His project in the science fair was the galaxy, showing all the planets and all of the data pertaining to each planet. It was the best display that his dad could make, it was great. My ant farm did not stand a chance and I had some great ants, I even had one that I had trained to turn somersaults and shake hands. He stupidly listed Pluto as a planet, I think they should now go back and reverse their decision and take the ribbon away from him and award it to someone else, like me!


If you can't sleep at night thinking about Pluto, rest easy. Today, our science people released their research on a new planet they discovered in the constellation of Lacerta, which is 450 light years from earth. It seems there is a planet out there that is orbiting a star that is so light, that it would float on water. They named it, HAT-P-1. Now how original is that, scientists need to lighten up and get a sense of humor instead of labeling everything with a number, you would think they work for the social security administration or a video store where no body has a name, just a number! Why is it that they can discover these things and get great pictures from millions of miles out in space, yet I cannot get the TV channels from LA when we are just two hundred miles away or I can not get TV from my satellite when it rains? Just a few thougths to ponder.

This entry was posted on September 14, 2006 at Thursday, September 14, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Thanks for getting more wood, buti hope it doesn't all float away.

I can't beleive they kicked pluto out...he was such a cute planet.

Have a rmzqdvdm night!

9/14/06, 10:24 PM

Nice rack, Stan. The wood should keep from warping with the added support - so long as the anchor holds. You DID anchor it down, right?
Did you feel left out with word verification? Now the only one without it is the dog, but he can't figure out those letters anyway.

9/15/06, 6:04 AM

I could not anchor the wood pile down, but I do have it tied off to the Bear Den and the Wolf Den in a triangulation tie down system, so if the dens do not float away - we will be in good shape. Pertaining to word verification, the only reason I installed it to put those that visit my sight through as much agony as I go through when I visit their sites. My way of showing dessent.

9/15/06, 9:37 AM

Post a Comment