Idle Prattle  

Posted by Stan Harrington

In the event that you failed to read in my comments, we will be seeing another person appearing in our comments and hopefully will find the time to set up a blog site, but this may take time since he is on the road most of the time. I am assuming that the DOT frowns upon the truckers that drive our highways when they drive an eighteen wheeler and blog at the same time. Brother Bill, using the handle of Ranger Bill, is now on line and appeared in the comments section on my site today. Looking forward to a future Blog Site, as he is driving across our nation, he is going to have some great stories and plenty of time to write some of his Cowboy Poetry.

In other, Harrington News, we can expect to see a new family of Harrington's moving to Alaska. Bill's son, Matt and his wife Amber will be moving up within the next several months. He is in the Army and will be returning home from Baghdad. At this time, it is not know whether he will be stationed in LA or that other town up north.

I was doing some serious thinking today, I came to the conclusion that when I die, I want to die like my Grandpa, peacefully in sleep, not screaming like all the other passengers in his car.

I was also thinking of Shana, I am never one to give advice, however in this case, Shana if you have a lot of tension and you get a headache, do what it says on the aspirian bottle, "Take Two aspirian" and "Keep Away From Children"

After looking at our National Test score averages for our high school students, I am really concerned. Our bombs are smarter than the average high school student, at least they can find Afghanistan and Iraq.

While sitting on the phone today, listening to the menu, which I detest even more than Word Verification, I got to thinking, "Why in the hell should I have to press 1 for English when I live in America"

The Plumma and Homer are so cynical, but I finally figured out something that they can both be positive about, "I believe I'll have another beer"

And, just so Homer does not think that I forgot his Birthday, give me call big guy and Happy Birthday to you!

This entry was posted on September 18, 2006 at Monday, September 18, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

All right that does it...you have turned into John...idle thoughts...the asprine bottle did not work...the top is child proof...and is it my husbands birthday?

9/19/06, 7:24 AM

Thanks for the one liner's... and welcome Uncle Bill. This outa be fun!!

9/19/06, 9:26 AM

I am sorry, I had these big plans to reward the person who was the 7,000th visitor to my site, unfortnately it was me so I get the free dinner for two at the "Double Muskie" in Girdwood and the one night stay at Alekeska Prince Lodge. I guess, I should have got the word out, but I wanted to surprise the lucky person. It was just a coincidence that I happened to check my site at the moment of opportunity.

9/19/06, 5:15 PM

Sounds great. Leave some scraps on the stoop.

9/19/06, 7:45 PM

Post a Comment