Warning  

Posted by Stan Harrington

For those that enjoyed the capture and watching the biological change of tadpoles as they made their transition into frogs this past summer, we have a problem! If you reference my posting of August 24th of this year, I made an attempt to warn everyone. The incident occurred while I was shopping with my grandson, "Butch" at the local Safeway store. His frog escaped from his pocket. It was found several days later by a consumer and reported to the Department of Health.

Evidently, "Froggy" was a busy little guy because now we have a plague that has spread over a ten state area making dozens of people sick with one confirmed fatality to date. The cause of this is the E-coli bacteria found in bags of spinach from the local supermarkets. E-coli bacteria is created from animal manure. All packaged spinach has been ordered to be pulled from the shelves of markets.

Being a typical kid, "Butch does not like spinach, but I do not think he would go to extreme measures such as this to get it out of circulation. The one thing that I find ironic about E-coli bacteria, if it is spread by animal manure, isn't that the same stuff that is spread in vegetable gardens? I can remember hauling wheelbarrow loads of "horse manure" to my mothers garden. Less than 36 hours ago, after having a dismal garden this year, I was telling Golden Granny that next year, we will find someone with horses and get some good "horse s_ _ _" for the garden. I may give this concept additional thought, but I am also going to watch out for frogs from now on.

This entry was posted on September 15, 2006 at Friday, September 15, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

UPDATE: As of this morning,9/16/06 the Spinach Epedemic has spread through 19 states. Talked to brother Bill last night, he was leaving Seattle enroute to Southern California, he was hauling a fifty foot van full of toilet paper, seems there is a shortage in that area, possibly created by the Spinach as it was a rush shipment and he had two days to deleiver his load.

9/16/06, 9:57 AM

Damn Glad I never aquired a taste for that particular leafty green vegtable. See dad I told ya spinach IS NOT good for your health. Plus those few bites you used to make me take...ya know..."the ones that put hair on your chest."? Well thanks a whole hell of a lot. Pretty bad when I have more hair on my chest than my husband. No spinach is not good for you...it makes you hairy and pooooo.

9/16/06, 4:48 PM

That is just way to much information...

9/17/06, 11:18 AM

hmmm...Stan you ahven't writen i awhile...

9/17/06, 9:47 PM

HEY! Where's the WV!? How do I know this connection is "secure"?

9/18/06, 1:52 AM

I have registered my blog under name of Iditiroad.
If you want to link it. My load has been delivered
and the health and hygiene concerns are 53 feet closer to solution.

9/18/06, 11:38 AM

Brother Bill, welcome to the world of Blog - you do noty know what you are in for. For htose that do not know, my younger bnrother is a long haul truck driver in the lower 48 so you can look for swome good postings from the highways and byways of our gtreat nation.

9/18/06, 5:51 PM

Post a Comment