Coming Attractions  

Posted by Stan Harrington


Arriving on Tuesday, November 7th,the #1 Animated Motion Picture of the Year will be released to video at your local video stores. The much awaited movie "CARS". It grossed $240 Million at the box office and stars the voices of Larry the Cable Guy, Paul Newman, and Owen Wilson. I know Hunter will want his personal copy. Because, of Larry the Cable Guy, I am sure that "Homer" will also want his own copy. My daughters will want their own copy because Paul Newman is sexy. The Plumma will want his own copy because a car wreck is involved in the movie. Each of my granddaughters will need their own copy because the "cars are so cute" and of course my son's will need their own copies because they drive Chevies and are very familiar with tow trucks.

Several of you have read the book, for those of us who do not enjoy reading nor have the time, the much awaited "The DaVinci Code" will be released to video on Tuesday, November 14th. It grossed $217 Million at the box office and stars Tom Hanks, Audrey Tatou, and Ian McKellan. It must say something when the animated movie "Cars" does better at the box office than this suspense movie.

On Tuesday, November 21st the previous block buster animated movie "Ice Age" will make a second debut with "Ice Age, The Meltdown" with the voices of Ray Romano, Queen Latifah, and John Leguizamo. It grossed $195 Million at the box office. It arrives in Alaska just in time for winter.

On Tuesday, November 28th, the animated movie, "The Ant Bully" will be released, grossing only $26 million a the box office, but it stars the voices of Julia Roberts, Nicholas Cage, and Meryl Streep. Just listening to Julia Roberts will be worth watching the movie! Should be a great educational movie for my grand children.
For those who have been fighting the forces of evil for the past 60 Years, "Superman Returns" will also be released on November 28th. This is the first Superman movie that has been released to the theatres in the past 23 years. Upon return from a quest to discover himself, in his five year absence Lois Lane is engaged. Grossed $197 million at the box office and stars Brandon Routh, Kate Bosworth,and Kevin Spacey. Do not know which one is playing the super hero, I will guess Kate Bosworth.

These are the "Big Hits" coming in November with "Cars" being in top spot. You may rent these fine movies at Point West Video in Anchor Point or you may purchase the entire business along with 12,000 other movies for the less than the price of a new Ford F-250 pick-up. Please feel free to Print and Hang for future referece. Enjoy the movies!!!!!

This entry was posted on October 12, 2006 at Thursday, October 12, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

8 comments

Hey...I want to see Cars and Devici Code...maybe I will have time...as for those video stores...up in here LA all the video stores are selling out their VHS's....I have been shopping and am looking for a movie called "Brave Little Toaster." and "Troll in Central Park." These movies I can not find...got any extra copies?

10/12/06, 8:56 AM

I did hear from Brother Bill, he could not say much as he is under a gag order by the court, but he did say things will work out. Until things are settled, he is back to driving across nation, last I heard he was heading into Georgia. I am not sure if Arizona has extradiction laws with the remaining states. He did say that two of the elephants have been found and recovered, "Star and Daisy" are still exploring the canyon.

10/12/06, 10:31 AM

Shana - I will task your mother to find the movies you want. I think they are available b ut classified as Collectors Items since they are so scarce. I checked the Collector list of videos and it shows both of these, valued at $110.00 (toaster) and $149.00 for Troll.

10/12/06, 10:33 AM

SHAMELESS PLUGS ALWAYS WORK

10/12/06, 6:28 PM

Speaking of hits. i have found the horse trader
with which i shall be dealing in the Spring. He had a real nice welsch pony. I gave him the specs
on what i am shopping for so in May its me and spike northbound being the last Harrington to haul horses North. One pony, one mule and one horse.
The horse H will tie outside the wigwam of my sister-a peace offering. the pony i will lead from
the mule which i will ride the final miles to thee
hole in the wall campground wheere I hope to find a
corral already built.

10/12/06, 7:31 PM

by george I think dad already has the corral and barn. With some minor modifications it should be ready by spring...we will relocate his garden to the Angler.

10/12/06, 9:07 PM

I want to see Cars...and i don't remmeber if I watched Devici Code ...but the DaVinci Code was really good Shana.

10/12/06, 10:17 PM

Heidi - I do not think youhave seen Devinci Code, especailly since it has not been released to video yet, unless you pirated a copy off the internet!

10/13/06, 5:57 PM

Post a Comment