Monday Night Football  

Posted by Stan Harrington

I enjoy my football games having been a Denver Bronco fan since the conception of this team. I waited with anticipation for Monday night football this week as the Broncos were playing the Raiders. Regardless, of their standings, the two games that these team play each year are always great, the rivalry between them goes back many years. This first game would be no different, despite the fact that the Raiders have not won a game in the five week season. If you are not a football fan, the game is divided into four quarters, each quarter lasting fifteen minutes.
During the first quarter, I mentally noted to myself that I was watching more commercials than football game, so I decided to keep track of the commercials for the remainder of the game. In the last three quarters, I was able to watch 45 minutes of football, however, during the 2nd quarter, I was subjected to 26 commercials. During the 3rd quarter, the total count was reduced to only 18 commercials but increased to 31 for the fourth and final quarter. In a nutshell, during 45 minutes of football, I was introduced to 75 commercials for products that I had no desire to purchase, especially when I am in the zone! They wonder why their viewing audience is declining. Yes, the Denver Broncos won, again!
My second pet peeve about the football season, we have always had Monday night football, it is as American as apple pie. The entire day of Sunday is also devoted to football, that is great, all the teams play on the same day. But now, we have games on Sunday, Sunday Night football, Monday Night football and as the season comes to a close we will have Thursday Night football and yes, even games on Saturday. I am favor of going back to Sunday and Monday then watching the Broncos play in the Super Bowl, at least their commercials are as interesting as the game.

This entry was posted on October 15, 2006 at Sunday, October 15, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Try turning the sound off on the tv broadcast and the internet radio broadcast up.

That way you can listen to the football game while doing other stuff of your choice.

When the crowd roars you will hear something happened and can look at the replay on the tv.

simple as fish pie:)

what about them bears?

10/17/06, 1:05 AM

Hey, those Bears are looking good, offense looked a little rough last night, but the defense is the best inthe NFL. They won the game for the Bears last night with their two defensive touchdowns.

10/17/06, 8:41 AM

Post a Comment