Escapee  

Posted by Stan Harrington

We have a problem. My grandchildren, spent the better part of this past Memorial Day Weekend, building and stocking the Hole In the Wall Zoo. They came upon this concept when their dad and Uncle John, woke up early one morning and developed a mud hole into a "Kroc" pond including the importation of a Crocodile to entertain the little ones and to dispose the bodies of any of those individuals that dared encroaching into our sanctuary.
The "Little Clan" picked up on this opportunity to develop something special and spent countless hours building signs, landscaping, and collecting specimens for their zoo. It reached a point where they decided that they would put up roadside signs, welcoming visitors to their zoo, of course there would be a nominal fee assessed per individual. They had quite a collection of animals contained within their zoo. It was a great throughout the summer months to see the occupants of the zoo and recall the hours that the little ones spent developing the area. However, no one gave any consideration as to the onslaught of winter and what these animals would do to survive.
A couple of days ago, I spent the better part of the day carving pumpkins for Halloween, two of my specimens may be viewed on a previous posting. I placed the Jack O Lanterns on my front deck, hoping that the neighbors goats would not find them and eat them before the 31st.
However, I did not consider the zoo animals, I got up this morning, happen to glance out at the deck where the pumpkins used to be. I was not going to argue with this prowler, but I did manage to snap a picture before it strolled back down the hill to the zoo. I just hope the Kroc does not show up - but perhaps he will concentrate on the neighbors goats.

This entry was posted on October 27, 2006 at Friday, October 27, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Oh how fun, what a photo op! I would be more worried anout the dragons then the croc...

10/28/06, 10:13 AM

If the gun was loaded, I see a freezer-full of dinners. I might worry about the poor dental hygene, tho'. You should really brush his teeth now and then.

10/29/06, 8:46 AM

Post a Comment