Yosemite Sam  

Posted by Stan Harrington

"The roughest, toughest, he-man stuffiest hombre as ever crossed the Rio Grande and I ain't no mamby pamby" as the immortal Yosemite Sam would say. Very recently, I was taken to task in the comment section of Whoof Arted by my daughter after I humorously asked the question, "Who is Yosemite Sam"? She accused me of watching to much news and not enough cartoons.
In my rebuttal comment, I noted that Yosemite Sam and I go back along ways, I could remember him being in the cartoons at the Saturday matinee when I was just a kid. After defending myself, I thought it would be interesting to learn just a little more about this hombre that has entertained us for so many years. Remembering him from the time I was a child, it was only by coincidence that I discovered he is just eight days older than myself, his birth date was May 5, 1945 at Warner Brothers Studio, his creator was Isadore (Friz) Frleng. His first appearance was as "Hare Trigger", he was created "to engage in combat with the unfazable Bugs Bunny(Elmer) wasn't it - he was so dumb that a chicken could outsmart him" Yosemite Sam would go on to play many different characters from a Cowboy, Pirate, Sheik, to the Black Knight which would win him an Oscar Award.
A few weeks ago, while cleaning up the campground area, I happened to find a box of balloons in one of the units that will remain in the park all winter. Not wanting them to deteriorate, I brought them home to preserve them until next spring. Today, I have spent the day, blowing up balloons and creating my first masterpiece, it was so much fun that I am thinking of starting a career in balloon art. I hope you enjoy my first piece.

This entry was posted on October 8, 2006 at Sunday, October 08, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Nice Twist...will you wear your chaps as you twist for tips? Might mean bigger tips.

10/8/06, 10:40 PM

Is that really your sink? It seems you have down-graded the cabinets and faucet...you didn't get the pic online did you?

10/9/06, 6:05 AM

Only a Plumma would recognize a sink and faucets, but you are correct, the picture was taken at a freinds house, took my art work over there for appraisal.

10/9/06, 8:35 AM

Thanks Heidi, I never considered that concept, to incorporate my twisting into my male dance review because I do a lot of twisting in that as well - do you think those little blue haired ladies would want me to make some obscene things out of balloons - I do have high moral values! Where would I keep my balloons in my costume, I do not want to take up a lot of space that could be used for stuffing five dollar bills!

10/9/06, 10:18 AM

a tool belt works well....and Heidi is the "Adult Balloon Twister" pro...she gets into detail!!!

10/9/06, 1:16 PM

someing for everyone.

10/9/06, 10:43 PM

Post a Comment