Dug Out  

Posted by Stan Harrington

What appeared to be an insurmountable task was finally accomplished after four hours of plowing time. Lessons learned: (1) One should never have a long driveway that intersects with a state highway; (2) One should seriously consider wintering in Southern Mexico; (3) Enjoy the snow removal task as you have no other choice; (4) One should have a dog with real long legs. Proof is in the photos:


Did Not Plow Area ~Adhered To Warning Sign Post By Grandchildren



Opened The Back Door This Morning



Cannot Get The Snow Piles Any Higher



"Ole Homestead" Cabin


"Dutch" Breaking Trail

(Note Trail Behind Him)


End Of The Trail, Thank God

My Master Plowed The Driveway

The Hole In The Wall Recreational Area Remains An Unknown

Check It Out Tomorrow

This entry was posted on January 11, 2008 at Friday, January 11, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

That is great, and Shana thought you were telling stories. Did you guys just got all that snow? Those burms are huge. We have maybe 6 to 8 inches and anchorage is acting like it is tons.

1/11/08, 6:22 PM

ps...I love that you got a camera, now you can prove you are telling the truth.

1/11/08, 6:23 PM

pss...shana said you had to climb out the window to get out of the house this morning...who was fibbing?

1/11/08, 6:24 PM

A real SNOW dog! I do not see Goldie going out in all that snow but I am surprised about Ruegger, He loves that stuff! He used to burrow around in it like a mouse! He would literally tunnel through it all!
Great shots! It will be great to show the family the pictures!

1/11/08, 6:36 PM

Don't know why I have that reputation, would never tell a fib! We got most of the snow last night, I did plow on Wednesday, about seven inches then it started to snow. I am glad I did plow beause I was pushing maximum amount today. From noon yesterday until daylight this morning, it snowed. Well perhaps, crawling out the window was a little exagerated, but I gave it thought. Terry shoveled all of the decks and sidewalks, we still have one small section of the deck to finish before she got tired out. Used the snowplow to clear the sidewalk at the side of the house. Ruger does like the snow, but this was his limit. Had a moose go through the yard so he will stay in her tracks but stays out of the deep stuff. I do not know why "Dutch" decided to make his own trail, he was one tired dog having to plow all that snow. Goldie, stays in the moose trails, does her thing and heads back to the house. I need to get into the campground tomorrow, hesitant in fear of what I will find, like a flattend gazebo but we also have a stranded "firewood" trailer in there that has to be retrieved.

1/11/08, 7:30 PM

Reference to this site posting of 12/16/2007. Commanche Moon, a series of the classic Lomesome Dove series will air on Sunday, 1/13/2008 at 9:00 pm.(ET??) on CBS. The second part will be at the same time on Tuesday, 1/15/2008 and the final episode will be at the same time on Wednesday 1/16/2008. Just a reminder! Blueduck could come riding in at anytime!

1/11/08, 9:21 PM

I have heard that this series makes reference to more than just the name of my ancestors. I heard that my great grandfather is also a character. I am very excited about it and hope to watch it but that depends if football is on. In this house as in most around here football is second only to church. So we will see I might have to TIVO it and watch it a later time!

1/11/08, 10:23 PM

Post a Comment