Snow Day  

Posted by Stan Harrington

What a great day, I just love the snow! It snowed on us steady for a twenty four period! The total snowfall was less than six inches, just enough to make shoveling the decks, walks, and plowing the driveway. Of course, I was a little short handed being that my partner had fled to LA on a shopping spree which she extended one extra day. That is alright, her new furniture arrives in the morning and I will have the couch nap tested before she ever gets home.
Spring is on the way, moved into the Hole In The Wall Recreational Area to do some preliminary work after I finished plowing the three acres. However, I did see the first sign of spring, a trailer load of firewood waiting to be unloaded. Now don't you guys feel bad, I unloaded it by myself in the cold and snow but your comfort next summer is very important to me. Worked out a deal with our "local wood dealer" . He will cut the wood, load it and deliver it to the HITW, all I need to do is unload. He said we can expect two shipments per week, I figured at that rate by spring we will have enough wood for two years, at least! While poking around the site, I did note that "Butch" and Sundance" must be wintering in the area, little tracks all over the place. I also saw the sign of the rabbit, so perhaps we have a new guest. I did see another sign, however, that will have to wait for another posting on the dedicated site since I just noticed I once again got on the wrong site for this posting. I figure that once the moose do move down and discover that the hole is being kept plowed, it could be a great area for them to "winter". Perhaps a couple bales of hay and a salt block accidentally stowed in the area may help.

I did mentally prepare a "To Do List" for spring, there is allot of work to get done in time for the annual rendezvous. I will wait to see if you can spot some the work that will be required once you have viewed the pictures.
Finally Busted Through The Snow Drifts
First Load Delivered



The Engineering And Construction Of The Gazebo Appears
To Handling The Snow Load

No One At Home At The Duck House

This entry was posted on January 8, 2008 at Tuesday, January 08, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

mornin', Prattler.
it seems you have a lot of fun maintaining the pit. it is only right that you be the general of the HITWESD project - as soon as the permits are pulled.
I thought i stayed up late tinkering - oh! that's right! this time (1:30) is between your naps.

1/8/08, 5:54 AM

We must've got at least 1 inch of fresh powder, as well! No shoveling to commence, yet.
And, thanks for taking care of the "Hole".

1/8/08, 5:56 AM

I'll be home for spring time!! * sung at the top of my lungs!



Thanks for getting the chores done...

1/8/08, 6:42 AM

Post a Comment