Moose Shot  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Although not a good shot, due to distance of having to make the shot, but it was a nice Bull Moose that I encountered on today's hunt. He bedded down right after I got this shot, there is no doubt that I could have made an stalk on this animal and got a close up. However, looking at the picture and the size of this Moose, if you look at his legs you will note that you do not see any legs as the snow is up to his belly. If you think, I am going to stalk this bull in my tenny runners, I am sorry you are mistaken. I estimate that his legs are slightly longer than mine and I am not wading in any snow that is crotch deep on me! I also have to wonder, who the winner would be if I were to encounter this bull on the highway and take him head on in my new car that I posted earlier in the day. Tomorrow, I go back, don't think he will wander far. Perhaps, I will catch him in a little better conditions.

This entry was posted on January 14, 2008 at Monday, January 14, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Snow shoes Stan! I know Heath left a pair there!

1/14/08, 6:23 PM

Erica, you made a funny! Me on snowshoes, I gave those up the last year that I played snowshoe baseball! Perhaps, I will see if I can rent a hot air baloon at Homer Rentals.

1/14/08, 8:29 PM

If you go hunting again make sure you take mom and her camera...I would love another photo of you treed by a moose.

1/15/08, 6:58 AM

I agree I bet she could get that shot from the warmth and safety of the FORD!

1/15/08, 2:36 PM

Your father captured moose photos after having stalked them in carpet slippers in slightly crusted snow. When Bullwinkle charged Bing, Bing headed for Dad and Dad headed for the cabin losing his slippers in the process-
funniest scene I ever witnessed.

1/15/08, 11:00 PM

Dang, Ranger Bill is up and running! Where have you been, no need to answer that. Talked to Beaver, Utah yesterday, colder there than it was here and it was damm cold here.

1/15/08, 11:18 PM

Post a Comment