Photo Journey  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Took a little "walk about" today with high hopes of capturing a few shots that were respectable enough to post. The first subject that I encountered, a young Bull Moose, was securely bedded down in the willows with no great desire to be the subject of my amateur art form. Despite, by best efforts, wading through the snow, yelling at him, and getting up to within twenty feet of him, he ignored me completely. Content in snubbing my intentions to show his masculinity.


My next subject were two Bald Eagles, huddled together to remain warm. They to were quite content to just sit and stare off into the distance, not moving and letting the icicles build upon their beaks.

My next subject, was active, perhaps a little to active. Unfortunately, I was not close enough to get the shot of the Crow that decided he wanted to play chicken with a Bald Eagle. I was close enough to see a puff of black feathers as they scattered to the wind. The Crow had played his last game. Returning to his perch, the sign of victory clearly visible on his beak and white chest feathers.

Running out of "wild subjects" I returned to shoot one of my favorites, my buddy "Dutch". He is always ready to pose for the camera, a buddy will do anything to help out another buddy.


This particular picture of "Dutch" appears to be "free hand cropped" along the bottom edge, I would like to take credit for it but it was quite an accident. Dutch was just topping a snow berm when I took the shot. In my amateur artistic way, it is pretty cool.

This entry was posted on January 29, 2008 at Tuesday, January 29, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Nice shots, I like the first one of dutch best.

1/29/08, 9:25 PM

He takes such good photos, such a good looking dog, what is it that they say, "A dog takes after his master"!!!

1/30/08, 12:13 AM

Yup thats what they say! Not sure it's true.... but whatever takes you to the next day!

1/30/08, 6:50 AM

Good photos...wish someone had a camera when Josh was nuzzling the young bull moose in our yard...oh wait...the moose was nuzzling josh....

1/31/08, 4:19 PM

Post a Comment