New Car  

Posted by Stan Harrington

A week or so ago, we traded in my "good" truck for a less expensive model and one that is environmentally friendly. I have made a previous posting of this car. It is a great car, however, I did have some personal issues with it. It is made in India and did not have all the safety features that I enjoy in a car. I do not think that one windshield wiper is acceptable based on the annual rain fall in Alaska. However, my other half really liked the car because the little "black bra" came as standard equipment.

Because of the residual funds that we received in the trade in of my Ford F-150 and the inexpensive model of "Tata" we were able to take the remaining balance of the residual funds and purchase a second car for my personal use. Although, not available at a local dealer, I was able to order one on the Internet from the car show that is currently taking place in Detroit. I think I will be pleased with this particular car. It is also environmentally friendly being that it is all electric so I will no longer be held hostage by the large oil companies. "I will leave no carbon footprint behind". The other thing I like about this car, although it is also foreign built, it comes from a country that is known for their quality workmanship and safety standards. There is no "lead base" paint used in this product so my grandchildren will be able to lick it anytime they want. My new car is made in China. I will have to take the plow truck to town today and pick up a dozen 2' x 4's" and four sheets of plywood so I can build a garage and recharging station for my new baby. Although, this car also has only one windshield wiper, it is a big one! Has great visibility which is a great safety feature for watching for moose along the highways and byways of our great state.

This entry was posted on January 21, 2008 at Monday, January 21, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

11 comments

"Screamer" pertaining to your question about Newt, I left the answer on your posting "Poor Kitty"

1/21/08, 9:04 AM

Sorry, try "Poor Eagle" posting. that is what we are now that we have bought two new cars, "poor Eagles"

1/21/08, 9:06 AM

It is so cute, it looks like PacMan...

1/21/08, 3:05 PM

It DOES look like Pacman! It's only downfall from the Tata is no black bra.
It seems apparent that car companies don't need you surviving any sort of great crash - like insurance companies are in on it with them?...
"Yep! Car was totaled - so was the driver. No medical bills here!"

1/21/08, 3:54 PM

Lemon yellow, mmmmmm...

1/21/08, 7:09 PM

Came up with a new motto tonight:
"Now that I'm older, I thought it was great that I seemed to have more patience. Turns out, I just don't give a shit!" It was emailed to me and thought it was cute!

1/22/08, 12:06 AM

first to the wreck....

1/22/08, 6:05 AM

who makes this yellow truck?
pun tang??????

1/22/08, 6:06 AM

China can beat us in a fair fight,
so they'll wipe us out by selling us shit

1/22/08, 6:06 AM

Does it come with a rotor- add a rotor and go helo

1/22/08, 6:08 AM

Stan, I think the one you have here is a frontal view of the station wagon, look close and you see two openings(wont call them doors)

1/23/08, 7:01 AM

Post a Comment