New Car  

Posted by Stan Harrington

We spent the day on Sunday shopping for a new car. It is a great buyers market out there right now! Looking out my window and seeing the piles of snow and now the minus degree temperature readings on my thermometer we decided that perhaps this "global warming" trend is for real. Our Ford F150 has been a great truck, as comfortable as driving a car but the "foot print" that it leaves on our environment has us concerned as well as the mass amount of fossil fuel that we utilize. Although, it is only three years old, we felt it best to reduce the impact and move into the "green" world.

Our new car is smaller, but I am sure with a little adaptation we will be quite comfortable and still be able to utilize it on long road trips. If Dutch continues to travel with us, we may have to get a small trailer and install a kennel on that for Dutch to ride along. For the first time in my life, I was able to trade in a vehicle for a new vehicle and receive a cash refund because my trade in had a higher value than the new vehicle. In fact, I could have bought three of them just from my my trade in value. Considering getting a second one for Lady Eagle, then we will have matching cars.

The amount of money that we will save in fossil fuels will pay for the car in less than a year, although we may have to make a few more trips to the grocery store. Right now we can go shopping once every ten days or so and still have plenty of room after we load our groceries. With the new car, we may have to go to Safeway about every other day due to storage area. But, knowing we are doing our part to save "planet earth" makes it all worth while.

This entry was posted on January 14, 2008 at Monday, January 14, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

10 comments

Now I see this car fitting Terry but I am not sure about you! Plus your trips to Anchorage will have to be better thought out due to the high winds that can be found in Turnagain arm! I would guess carrying extra weight but I am not sure where you would put it!

I got to watch the first installmetn of the lonesome dove series last night greatly enjoyed it. I believe they have done a good job of capturing the speech and manerrisms? of Woodrow and Call. I am still trying to figure out the date though to compare it to actual events that had really happened. Quanah was known as the chief who finally bridge the gap between the Comanches and the whites. It was his father who was named Nakona who was the warrior, so listen for that name. As far the opening scene where the indians are slaughtered is a true event. I keep hoping they will make mention of my ancestors!

1/14/08, 12:48 PM

Good to see you go green, buddy! i can't seem to find the weight of this new vehicle anywhere online, but i bet you and i could push it into the rear of the wife's exploder if it needed a ride home. the safety ratings and crash-test numbers seem a bit scary - like a motorcycle is safer... good luck with the new ride(s) and good job cutting our global warming figures.

1/14/08, 1:02 PM

You also save money when it comes to replacing windshield wipers, you only have to replace one as wellas rearview mirros, nither of which is onthe passenger side. Who says the passendger needs to see where you are going or have been. Will cut down on a lot of back seat drving. As well, no radio to distract your driving.

1/14/08, 3:58 PM

I kids used to have one similar, but it colors were yellow and red. Someone...who was way to big bent the front axles to heck, so don't haul to many groceries.

1/14/08, 4:00 PM

HEY....your comment wasn't there a minute ago.

1/14/08, 4:00 PM

Funny how this new technology works, one minute there is something and all of a sudden something else pops up. My indicator light was on that you were visiting my site.

1/14/08, 4:54 PM

Just love my new Tata! Got it up to almost 37 mph today but that was going down the hill with my breaks locked up on the slick roads.

1/14/08, 4:56 PM

would like to drive that North.
Install a aux fuel bladder in back seat and you may not have to fuel in Canada at all. How would this fare if it hit or got hit by a big rig?

1/15/08, 11:05 PM

I am tracking you, I would be more concerned with hitting a buffalo than a big rig, I could go under a big rig but not a buffie, their legs are to short!

1/15/08, 11:20 PM

their legs may be short but you'd also hang up under the bull and it would not be on his belly. and he would be pisssssed. They ll hook you you know.

1/16/08, 2:53 PM

Post a Comment