Arrival Day  

Posted by Stan Harrington

Survived the big trip to "LA", while trying to access International Airport Road from the Seward Highway, I even had the opportunity to conquer the "new" round a bout at the Dowling exit. Who came up with that concept, I think we have been overly influenced by the French!. I survive the round a bout, but only after driving in a circle for thirty minutes, Golden Grammy was trying to give instructions and "Dutch" was making a very good effort in getting car sick while driving in circles! I finally saw a kid on a bicycle and followed him! I marked it on my GPS to avoid in the future.
Had a good time in LA, watching everyone stress out over groceries, packing, working, and scheduling. Seeing the stress level rise, I kidnapped one of our little beauties, loaded Golden Grammy and Dutch into the truck and headed south to sanity. Right! I forgot, my truck was loaded with groceries, meat had to be put away which meant lighting off three freezers at the tackle shop to accommodate the meat. I realized that it is awful boring, just sitting there watching a deep freeze to make sure it is going to freeze after setting idle all winter.
Did a late night inspection of the HITWRA, should have waited until morning. No tractor work was done in my absence, it does not appear any tractor work will be done so today, my smaller than anticipated work crew will see what we can do to get it ready for arrivals tonight and tomorrow. A lot of work to get done, but as all of you come in the work force will build rapidly. I did discover one thing about my granddaughter Devyn, we share a lot in common! Don't ever send us into a convenience store for snack food! She can keep up with me in that department and as well, can take in instant nap! I have to get to work, if you are traveling - drive safe and watch for the Swans on the various lakes coming south. We did not see any but you might want to watch anyway.

This entry was posted on May 19, 2006 at Friday, May 19, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

thanks for thaking the only reliable babysitter I have...could sure use her right now!!!

5/19/06, 4:12 PM

I am coming now finally all packed up and ready!!!

5/20/06, 7:55 AM

Post a Comment