Day Of The Irish  

Posted by Stan Harrington

I was surprised to find no postings today in regards to the Day of the Irish. Wishing each of you a Very Happy Saint Patricks Day. "May you always find blue skies above your head, shamrocks beneath your feet, laughter and joy aplenty, kindness from all you meet, Good friends and kin to miss you, if ever you choose to roam, and a path that's been cleared by the angels themselves to carry you safely home"
Your grandmother Harrington was Irish, with a maiden name like Riley, could you expect anything other than a good Irish background, most likely O'Reily at one time in our past. Until just recently, I had no ancestral background pertaining to her family with the exception of her mother and father. Quite by coincidence it came to me from an unexpected source. With this information, I will be able to complete my goal. I knew, if I procrastinated long enough, good things would happen.

This entry was posted on March 17, 2006 at Friday, March 17, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

Some of us are 20 years (or so) from a retirement we could blog in at 2 IN THE AFTERNOON! Happy St. Patty's.

3/17/06, 8:28 PM

It is really great, I could enjoy a lifestyle like this year around - today, I had to find things to do! It felt great and that nap in the middle of the living room floor with the sun beating down through those big windows at 3 in the afternoon, wow, what a great day it was!

3/17/06, 9:59 PM

John called you potty mouth words when he read that.

Happy St. Patty's day.

3/17/06, 10:21 PM

happy Day of the Irish father...could not get into blogland yesterdy for some reason...I am blaming the "dinker"....

3/18/06, 7:01 AM

Why do people who are not Irish wear t-shirts that read "Kiss Me-I'm Irish!"?

3/19/06, 12:33 AM

Post a Comment